2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Great Vehicle!
By Steve F. on 09/11/09 20:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car is fantastic - beautiful inside and out! I purchased the 4 cyl. and it has plenty of power (I used to drive a 6 cyl. 4.3L Blazer and don't miss any loss of power). The 2010 Equinox is very quiet, shifting is smooth, and cruises at 70 mph at only 2000 RPM's due to 6 speed automatic. I'm getting 28 MPG combined local and hwy. driving. I love the Bluetooth and automatic climate control the 2LT offers. You also get the fog lights on the 2LT, which look much better than the fog light covers on the LS or 1LT. I think Chevrolet is missing the boat comparing the 2010 Equinox to the Honda CRV or Toyota RAV4 - they should be comparing it to the Lexus RX330/350!

Love It!
By Clint on 09/10/09 21:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have only had my Equinox for a week now but i am absolutely in love with this car! We needed something bigger than our VW jetta since we are expecting our first child on the way. I have been looking at pretty much every cuv and always came back to the Equinox. I am 6'3'' and it was hard to find a car that gave us MPG, room, options, comfort, and for an affordable price. Most cars you have to sacrifice one of those needs, this car none. This is by far the best for the money! I checked our mileage and we are getting 24.67 and that is quite a bit of city driving, that's only 3 mpg less than the jetta we were driving. Go out and drive one, you will love it!

WOW-- What a great SUV!!
By Mark on 09/10/09 09:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The Chevy Equinox is designed to look like a $45,000 vehicle but has the $25,000 price tag. The leather interior and chrome accents on the outside of the SUV make it much more appealing then the import models like the Rav4 or CRV.

Nice Ride for the Price
By chris on 09/07/09 18:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So far I have nothing negative to say about my new Equinox. The first tank of gas (mostly hwy) we were over 30 mpg! This is definitely another step in the right direction for GM.

Great replacement choice
By 'Nox Lover on 09/05/09 18:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 LT2'nox in July to replace a fully loaded '05 Trailblazer. I find it a great value. It's nicely equipped, fun to drive and looks great. I recently took it on a 1,400 mile road trip that included 3 adults and 2 dogs and was pleasantly impressed. It handled beautifully, mileage was impressive with and without A/C, and we were comfortable. So far no problems and I'm loving it. I do agree with everyone about the chrome on the dash storage compartment; when the sun or even a street light hits it you are momentarily blinded!

So far so good
By Howard on 09/04/09 07:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is a wonderful car since I had a few GM vehicles. But I had some experience about this brand new version; when I got this car first day back, I had a problem with the infotainment screen that was totally blank out, I have to take to the closer dealer for repair; second problem it was an engine stalling out on the road (within 400 miles in odometer), the dealer had to replace some engine part on it. After 2 times back to dealer, this car is running great till now.

Incredile Crossover, Incredible Value!
By Tim M on 09/02/09 16:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I got my Equinox last week and it's awesome! I got the LT2, Mocha Steel Metallic, Black/Brownstone Leather, Sunroof and Rear Entertainment. I am currently averaging about 24 MPG combined and hopefully it will go up. No problems so far and the 6 speed auto-transmission shifts very smooth. Fun to drive and very comfortable.

Great small SUV
By phil clark on 09/01/09 15:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Mine has the V6 option. Rides great and more room than you would expect especially in rear seat area. Son in law says there is more room than in my Avalanche. The gas mileage on the V6 is not what they had claimed with best ever less than 20 combined and if mostly in town drops to 15 or so. Still improvement on the Avalanche I traded in, but could be better. Hopefully that improves once broken in and get past the first oil change too. Interior is very stylish with a friend comparing it to cars like the Lexus,now thats a step up for GM. Shows they are moving in the right direction.

Disappointment
By Doc on 08/31/09 21:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just bought this 2010 Equinox. 2010 no longer comes with a fold flat front passenger seat, not even an option. This reduces the utility factor. I drive with a light foot in ECO mode yet I only have averaged 23.7 mpg. 80% of my driving is 4 lane with the cruise on 60 mph. The rear blind spots are terrible, the rearview camera is a necessity not just an option.

hopefully it gets better
By tomw on 08/30/09 17:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So far it's been my wife's car, and has seen virtually no long highway drives, but the average mileage being displayed is 16.8mpg. I feel sick. I fully expected 20+ in town, and 25+ for the type of driving she does. Seemed like a great car, and is very nice, but I bought it for fuel economy and I feel cheated.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Equinox in NJ is:

$214 per month*