2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Costs are skyrocketing! Not reliable.
By jbug5 on 07/03/13 17:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Got my 2010 equinox in Nov 2010, new. I didn't have the engine problems early. However in the last year, I have been back to the dealer a number of times. We live far from work, so it already has 110,000 miles, that means no more warranty and more out of pocket costs. The latest item to go is my stereo. The stereo includes the navigation, clock, radio, iPod hookup, Bluetooth, backup camera. Cost from the dealer to replace $1300! Dealer suggested I get an after market radio...but couldn't tell me if all the other stuff would work. Probably trade it in very soon. My last car, 1997 Audi a4, just kept on going...engine finally gave up at 225,000 and after 13 years. Now that's reliability.

Buyers Beware
By cedmond on 02/08/13 19:58 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Special ordered my Equinox LTZ in late 2009 and took delivery February 2010. Car has been in the shop 19 times. Had to have speakers replaced, timing chain, cam shaft acturators, cam shaft connectors, and new computer. Has also been in the shop 5 times for heating and cooling issues. I still freeze in the winter with heat on 85 and car doesn't cool in the summer, even on 62 degrees. Dealer has tried to fix 5 times and it still is not fixed. Finally. trading car with only 40,000 miles and 3 years old. All the problems started @ 9000 miles and has been nothing but problems ever since. Called GM and they don't really care. My first and last Chevy!

Felt cheap/unreliable, true gas mileage no where near advertised
By srt52780 on 05/23/12 11:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After owning a '10 LTZ for 8 months we decided to trade it in. The car is very attractive and had tons of nice features but the quality is not there. The engine is SO LOUD and extremely underpowered. The gas mileage is no where near what is advertised, average around 21 city and only got 25 once on a 600 mile trip all highway. The engine is just too small for a SUV this size. We had to bring it in twice, once for a grinding sound at startup and once for unreliable startup followed by gas odor in the cabin, neither was able to be fixed. Having these issues at 30K miles is scary and did not give me confidence in this vehicle for the long term.

Excellent vehicle.. questionable mileage
By evg2 on 08/13/11 13:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The vehicle has been an excellent purchase. I have had mine for 15 months now and enjoy its comfortable ride. Previously, we had both a Dodge caravan and Nissan Altima. We needed a vehicle that could store more than the Altima and get better gas mileage than the Caravan. Of the many models I researched in this range, the Equinox had the features and qualities we liked the most for our needs. The only complaint we have was the slightly exaggerated MPG rating where it advertised up to 600 miles on a single tank. I have not gotten above 475 miles on a 18.8 gallon tank. it places the Avg MPG at about 26. This is much better than the Caravan. But, it is not anywhere near the "up to 600 miles".

Equinox and Escape
By tjack129 on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Recently traded wife's 2008 Escape for new 2010 Equinox. We both liked and enjoyed the Escape. Good V6 mileage, decent ride, reasonably quiet and good quality for Escape. The New Equinox is however a much better over all package. Much more quiet, smoother ride, more room. My only long term concern is gas mileage for the V6 Equinox. Not as good as Escape in early driving. Long term quality is another unanswered question but it looks good early. Equinox is fun to drive, handles well and is quite comfortable in LTZ trim. V^ performs well and tranny shifts perfectly so far. Remember...this is not a Caddy or BMW, so don't expect it to be but for $35, 500 not a bad small ride at all.

First Chevy in a long time
By kazzy54 on 08/11/10 12:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So far this car has been so much fun to drive. I love everything about it.

My wife is fuming
By mike on 07/31/10 12:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2009 Toyota Rav4 for a 2010 Equinox LTZ 4 cyl. after numerous transmission issues with the Rav4. This is the first American auto I have owned since I was in high school. For unbeknown reasons my wife has nothing but disdain toward GM and refuses to even ride in it. Anyway, we took a trip from Iowa City, Ia to Gaithersburg MD (she drove her Camry) and I got 34 miles per gallon, which was fantastic considering I hadn't ever got over 26 with the Rav4. It was eight miles per gallon better than the rav4 and 4 miles MPG better than her Camry. In addition the the fuel millage the interior quality is better, as is fit and finish and best of all, no squeaks, which the Rav4 was full of.

Great Little Crossover
By Thompson on 07/28/10 09:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have had the 2010 Equinox LTZ since 7/20/2010 and my prior vehicle was a Silverado 2500HD. Great looks, engine has adequate power. Fun to drive. I'm short and what I've noticed is the drivers seat is deeper than my previous so it's not comfortable for a short person. Also the console arm rest is back too far for us short people to comfortably use it. The headrest tilts slightly forward so if you have a ponytail it hits you in the back of the head. What was Chevy thinking when they put the door locks in the middle with the radio controls? Bad move there.

GM competes!
By Ree on 07/13/10 00:22 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've driven Volvos and Lexus for many years because American quality was low. When my Lexus RX400 SUV was stolen, I looked for similar features, and the Equinox came coming up, at $15k less than the new RX 450. The seat is more comfortable than the Lexus, and it's more maneuverable. Luxury features are comparable, plus some. Nav system is better, personalization of car features is more extensive.

Nice, I guess
By Gene on 06/06/10 19:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I actually have the V-6 Equinox. That is my biggest debate on this vehicle. I like the vehicle. It is nice and roomy. The adjustable backseat works for carrying the kids and then adjusting to carry my work stuff. So far, it seems to be working well. I heard about how well the I4 is performing,but went with the V6 because I like to move and may need to pull a motorcycle trailer. Yet, the engine has not been that impressive. It has an initial lag. The transmission can be a bit harsh. I was just not impressed with it. The only other complaint I have is the fog lights. This model has automatic lights. Yet, I have to reach past the regular light switches to reach the fog lights. annoying

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Equinox Suv in VA is:

$123 per month*