Used 2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ SUV Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Costs are skyrocketing! Not reliable.
By jbug5

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Got my 2010 equinox in Nov 2010, new.
I didn't have the engine problems early. However in the last year, I have been back to the dealer a number of times. We live far from work, so it already has 110,000 miles, that means no more warranty and more out of pocket costs.
The latest item to go is my stereo.
The stereo includes the navigation, clock, radio, iPod hookup, Bluetooth, backup camera. Cost from the dealer to replace $1300! Dealer suggested I get an after market radio...but couldn't tell me if all the other stuff would work.
Probably trade it in very soon. My last car, 1997 Audi a4, just kept on going...engine finally gave up at 225,000 and after 13 years. Now that's reliability.

Heated seats, Bluetooth, iPod connection

Buyers Beware
By cedmond

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Special ordered my Equinox LTZ in late 2009 and took delivery February 2010.
Car has been in the shop 19 times.
Had to have speakers replaced, timing chain, cam shaft acturators, cam shaft connectors, and new computer.
Has also been in the shop 5 times for heating and cooling issues.
I still freeze in the winter with heat on 85 and car doesn't cool in the summer, even on 62 degrees.
Dealer has tried to fix 5 times and it still is not fixed.
Finally. trading car with only 40,000 miles and 3 years old.
All the problems started @ 9000 miles and has been nothing but problems ever since.
Called GM and they don't really care. My first and last Chevy!

Felt cheap/unreliable, true gas mileage no where near advertised
By srt52780

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After owning a '10 LTZ for 8 months we decided to trade it in.
The car is very attractive and had tons of nice features but the quality is not there.
The engine is SO LOUD and extremely underpowered.
The gas mileage is no where near what is advertised, average around 21 city and only got 25 once on a 600 mile trip all highway.
The engine is just too small for a SUV this size.
We had to bring it in twice, once for a grinding sound at startup and once for unreliable startup followed by gas odor in the cabin, neither was able to be fixed.
Having these issues at 30K miles is scary and did not give me confidence in this vehicle for the long term.

LTZ Package...premium Pioneer sound, sunroof, power liftgate, rear sliding bench seat, leather, seat memory

Gas mileage, underpowered 4 cylinder, extremely loud engine noise, ignition issues

Excellent vehicle.. questionable mileage
By evg2

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The vehicle has been an excellent purchase. I have had mine for 15 months now and enjoy its comfortable ride. Previously, we had both a Dodge caravan and Nissan Altima. We needed a vehicle that could store more than the Altima and get better gas mileage than the Caravan. Of the many models I researched in this range, the Equinox had the features and qualities we liked the most for our needs.

The only complaint we have was the slightly exaggerated MPG rating where it advertised up to 600 miles on a single tank. I have not gotten above 475 miles on a 18.8 gallon tank. it places the Avg MPG at about 26. This is much better than the Caravan. But, it is not anywhere near the "up to 600 miles".

The ability to connect Bluetooth, USB, & 1/8" jack for MP3 players. The comfortable, quiet ride. The easy access to oil & air filters for easy maintenance.

Their Advertising!!! (yeah, right.. Like that will happen.) All kidding aside, apart from the tank mileage issue, the vehicle has exceeded our family's expectations.

Equinox and Escape
By tjack129

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Recently traded wife's 2008 Escape for new 2010 Equinox. We both liked and enjoyed the Escape. Good V6 mileage, decent ride, reasonably quiet and good quality for Escape. The New Equinox is however a much better over all package. Much more quiet, smoother ride, more room. My only long term concern is gas mileage for the V6 Equinox. Not as good as Escape in early driving. Long term quality is another unanswered question but it looks good early. Equinox is fun to drive, handles well and is quite comfortable in LTZ trim. V^ performs well and tranny shifts perfectly so far. Remember...this is not a Caddy or BMW, so don't expect it to be but for $35, 500 not a bad small ride at all.

Ride, over all quietness, performance. nice NAV, DVD came with it but have not used it yet. V^ and 6 speed tranny is a good combo.

2 small things that we will surely get used to in time. The door locks are in a different place and the gas tank door is on wrong side but like I said they are small things and do not change my over all opinion of the fun little CUV. Good job Chevrolet.