Used 2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Goodbye Chevy
By goodbyechevy

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased a new 2010 Equinox at the end of 09. It was the first one on the lot and I really loved the space and design. That's the only thing left to love. Started having problems almost immediately. After much discussion with Chevy Customer Care, the first engine was replaced at around 60K. Last week, the second engine blew up. It also has 60K miles on it. The service department has said they will not help. $4100 to fix and they will give us $4500 on a trade. Uh, no. We have a Chevy Silverado HD and a Cruze. We have been loyal customers for years. But I can't stand by a company that doesn't stand by their product. I just bought a Toyota for the first time in my life.

The design and the space in the vehicle. But all we can do is sit in it. It doesn't run.

Clearly there are some pretty significant mechanical issues with this vehicle. Chevy needs to figure it out. This vehicle left me stranded on a dark road with 2 small children in the car. And the electrical died so no hazard lights, while we waited for help. I had to flag traffic with a flashlight app on my phone to keep from being hit. Ridiculous.

unsafe problems reduced engine power/ service stabilitrac
By lindseytn32

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My vehicle has been great until it got cold outside and afraid its becoming a death trap. My vehicle has 83,000 miles and this winter my vehicle has decided to lower speed on its own no matter what speed im going.. I was on the interstate with my children doing 70mph and my vehicle violently started shaking the reduced engine power came on and service stabilitrac n immediately wouldn't let me decide the speed of my vehicle it dropped to 40mph and no faster there was no shpulder to pull off and had to drive it like that with people flying up on us scaring us to death. My dealership has tried a lot of things but this is still happening I can shut the car off and about three tries later it will

Best Vehicle I Have Owned
By mybestequinox

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Drove all the way to White Plaines, NY to get the Equinox LTZ in Blue I wanted. 4 cyl (plenty of power), 2WD for maximum mileage. Drove to WI and back to FL on 4,000 mile trip and averaged 32.2 mpg. Smooth, reliable, roomy, quiet, efficient, fun to drive vehicle. Have owned over 35 vehicles to inlcude Corvette, Lexus, and Toyota and love this SUV. I stole it from my wife this morning just to get the chance to drive it. Had a noisy tick in the engine audible when outside of the vehicle, GM did the $3,000 repair for NC and provided rental and I have 49K miles on it. Runs quiet as a mouse. Great Car, Great Service, Great vaule.

Noise reduction software quiets cabin. Sits high, smooth steering, car drives itself, superb mileage, great leather, eye-catching style inside and out, excellent electronics, great sound system with rear-seat DVD players with wireless headsets, comfortable seats with many adjusments, moon roof, peppy, but smooth six-speed automatic geared for mileage. Easy to park. Back seat adjusts 8 inches back for tall pax and forward for more cargo space. Nice window tint. Love B//U camera in rear view mirror, tail gate adjust so it doesn't hit garage door and remote start to pre-warm or pre-cool. Vehicle meets all our needs and makes mama happy. Think I'll also buy one for my son's first car.

Small dash compartment lid opener is about one inch square and painted chrome. It reflects the sunlight into the driver which is at times distracting. None other. Don't mess with it. This is a winner.

High Expectations... to Ho Hum
By jodeo

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2010 Equinox in 3/2012. I really liked the exterior. My initial test drive was fine, despite being a 4 cyl. engine. As a commuter car it's fine, but in rush hour traffic it lacks the pep and verve I need to maneuver. As for pleasure rides, it's not pleasurable. It's a dad-mobile. It really is a rather dull car experience despite being attractive inside and out. I decided to sell mine after learning (too late) that these tend to consume oil rather quickly. I can't make it to my 3-month oil changes w/o adding a quart, sometimes more. The standard radio makes tweaking audio (bass/treble, balance/fader) a chore, requiring you to take your eyes off the road. And no compass? Bah.

Gas mileage is very good. Exterior design. Bluetooth is very convenient for taking/making hands-free calls. MP3 CD player is nice (absent an MP3/USB option or working audio-in line). Good storage in the rear hatch.

Fix the oil-consumption problem!!! Remove all interior chrome as sunlight can be unexpectedly blinding. Make radio controls for bass/treble easier than the multi-step, eyes-off-the-road menu system. The magnetic folding keys are a pain as they either take forever to get them to stick into place or simply don't stick at all. Seats have a higher than avg. ridge, making it a little hard to get in and out. Odd shifting in automatic transmission - not sure why, but probably a computer doing something.

2010 Chevrolet Equinox
By rick2010chequ

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

If you are thinking about buying this car, don't. 32,700 miles I bought this used. Worst mistake of my life buying this car. I wish I could trade it for another. Not happy at all. The dash board vibrates and rattles. I have had this in for repair at the Chevy dealer since I first bought this car. I had a 1960 Chevy Impala and a 1976 Chevy Special and was happy with them for many years. Buyer beware...do not buy 2010 Chevrolet Equinox or you will be sorry. I wish I had read these reviews before I purchased this horrible car. You feel cheap in this car. You hear the road noise...horrible. Buying this car makes me feel like a complete idiot.

Looks nice on the outside.

Buy a different car. This 2010 Chevy Equinox is a loser.