Used 2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Goodbye Chevy
By goodbyechevy

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased a new 2010 Equinox at the end of 09. It was the first one on the lot and I really loved the space and design. That's the only thing left to love. Started having problems almost immediately. After much discussion with Chevy Customer Care, the first engine was replaced at around 60K. Last week, the second engine blew up. It also has 60K miles on it. The service department has said they will not help. $4100 to fix and they will give us $4500 on a trade. Uh, no. We have a Chevy Silverado HD and a Cruze. We have been loyal customers for years. But I can't stand by a company that doesn't stand by their product. I just bought a Toyota for the first time in my life.

The design and the space in the vehicle. But all we can do is sit in it. It doesn't run.

Clearly there are some pretty significant mechanical issues with this vehicle. Chevy needs to figure it out. This vehicle left me stranded on a dark road with 2 small children in the car. And the electrical died so no hazard lights, while we waited for help. I had to flag traffic with a flashlight app on my phone to keep from being hit. Ridiculous.

2010 AWD L4 LTZ Issues
By cdnuscarfan

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Ordered this vehicle in before they were even in showrooms, it now has 60,000 miles, 100,000 Kms on it. We like the design but reliability from day one has been a problem. New motor, Rust at bottom of doors and rear hatch, small bolt on driver side power seat lumbar broke, front wheel bearing etc.. GM and my dealership have been great and fixed at no cost to me, however it has been in the shop often. What really concerns me is the felt material GM is using on all their new vehicles behind the front door hinges for sound deadening . We use salt on our roads and this material remains wet, salty, muddy and needs to be changed. I have removed ours and have not noticed an increase in noise.

unsafe problems reduced engine power/ service stabilitrac
By lindseytn32

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My vehicle has been great until it got cold outside and afraid its becoming a death trap. My vehicle has 83,000 miles and this winter my vehicle has decided to lower speed on its own no matter what speed im going.. I was on the interstate with my children doing 70mph and my vehicle violently started shaking the reduced engine power came on and service stabilitrac n immediately wouldn't let me decide the speed of my vehicle it dropped to 40mph and no faster there was no shpulder to pull off and had to drive it like that with people flying up on us scaring us to death. My dealership has tried a lot of things but this is still happening I can shut the car off and about three tries later it will

Best Vehicle I Have Owned
By mybestequinox

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Drove all the way to White Plaines, NY to get the Equinox LTZ in Blue I wanted. 4 cyl (plenty of power), 2WD for maximum mileage. Drove to WI and back to FL on 4,000 mile trip and averaged 32.2 mpg. Smooth, reliable, roomy, quiet, efficient, fun to drive vehicle. Have owned over 35 vehicles to inlcude Corvette, Lexus, and Toyota and love this SUV. I stole it from my wife this morning just to get the chance to drive it. Had a noisy tick in the engine audible when outside of the vehicle, GM did the $3,000 repair for NC and provided rental and I have 49K miles on it. Runs quiet as a mouse. Great Car, Great Service, Great vaule.

Noise reduction software quiets cabin. Sits high, smooth steering, car drives itself, superb mileage, great leather, eye-catching style inside and out, excellent electronics, great sound system with rear-seat DVD players with wireless headsets, comfortable seats with many adjusments, moon roof, peppy, but smooth six-speed automatic geared for mileage. Easy to park. Back seat adjusts 8 inches back for tall pax and forward for more cargo space. Nice window tint. Love B//U camera in rear view mirror, tail gate adjust so it doesn't hit garage door and remote start to pre-warm or pre-cool. Vehicle meets all our needs and makes mama happy. Think I'll also buy one for my son's first car.

Small dash compartment lid opener is about one inch square and painted chrome. It reflects the sunlight into the driver which is at times distracting. None other. Don't mess with it. This is a winner.

Stalling at red lights, reaks of gas, service stabilitrak
By iusbsoccer3

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Same problem as many others. First and last Chevy, miss my Camry. Have had Equinox for only couple months and have had in it shops three times and nothing has been solved. First issues weeks after purchase was rough idle at red lights that felt like vehicle would stall and it smelled like a Ford Pinto. After complaining numerous times Chevy finally sent a letter describing the same issues and to take care to chevy dealer. I did and they replaced the entire high pressure fuel pump. Problem solved right? Days after check engine light comes on and stays on. Take vehicle to different chevy dealer they state other dealer screwed up. They fix issue. Weeks after same issues. Giving up and selling!