Used 2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

2010 Equinox Problems with A/C and Shift
By 2010equinox1

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought 2010 Equinox new...(now has 36,600 miles) had no problems while it was under warranty with the exception of the tire monitoring system. Then, received a notice from Chevrolet about the software update required for the engine oil monitor. Took it in a little over a week ago. Since then the A/C does not cool and the shifter started sticking...in Drive and can only move to the Neutral position (strange coincidence...huhhh???). Can turn off...but, the key cannot be removed from the ignition. After 30 minutes of wiggling the shifter...finally got it into Park and could then remove key. Easter Sunday weekend... everything was closed so could not get it fixed...had to cancel trip. :(

Frustrated with GM
By catosmama

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2010 equinox brand new two years ago November. At exactly the two year anniversary, the windshield wiper blades gave way - and they are expensive to replace. One month later, the check engine light came in. Took it in for repair. Then, it started shuddering for 30 seconds after you have shut it off and removed the key every single time you drive it. Then the stabilitrak light came on and off for no reason. One month after it was at the dealer, the check engine light is back on! Now I have to take it back to the dealer. It still looks great. It still is fun to drive. But I am not convinced that it is a quality, reliable vehicle. After owning four GMs, I am thinking of Ford next.

Favorite Features

I have the sunroof, which is nice. It is a sharp looking car. The seats are fairly comfortable. It gets decent gas mileage (really good for its size) but not what they say it gets. The paint job is holding up much better than my old Vibe; after two years, it is still shiny. The rear seat slides up and back, giving you the ability for more leg room or more storage room. It is a fairly speedy vehicle for its engine size. Again, it is a really sharp looking car.

Suggested Improvements

There are some odd things to this car. Certainly, after only two years and multiple trips to the dealer, I'm concerned about what will happen when the warranty is out. The heating vents on the dash - driver side - are blocked by the steering wheel and your hand placement. The back seat doesn't fold flat, so it's not as utilitarian as I would expect from an SUV. If one window or only the sunroof is open, you get a weird throbbing noise that makes it feel like your head is going to explode.

Really love my Equinox
By dottie6

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my Equinox almost a year and really love it. My dealer had the drivers seat customized for me since I am only 5'1" and had some back issues. Now it is really comfy. My other complaint that I had was that there was no light in the glove compartment and the dealership put one in for me. I asked the seat customizer what it would have cost if I paid for it myself and he said about $200 or so. I love the electronics and the feel of the car. I got 33 mpg going 58 mph with the cruise on. about 28 when on the interstate. I have the 4 cylinder 2 wheel drive. I live in Wisconsin and this winter it handled fine on snow covered and icy roads.

Favorite Features

built in GPS and back up mirror Bluetooth link with cell phone roomy back seat area

Suggested Improvements

light in glove compartment Needs garage door opener built in

Great for tall drivers
By Lou Gebler

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Being 6'6", finding a comfortable car is tough. I tried most of the crossovers and bought my Equinox because I loved the room it gave me. Even with the front seat all the way back, passengers behind me have plenty of room. It's a great car for longer drives. I've been very impressed with it, except the mileage isn't as good as advertised. We also own a 2010 Hyundai Tucson which has a lot more pep than the Equinox but isn't nearly as comfortable or as nice. Chevy has so far impressed me with this car!

Favorite Features

Leg and head room; adjustable back seat; comfortable seats; navigation system and full back up screen; fairly quiet ride

Suggested Improvements

A little more pep in the engine

2010 Equnior LT1 4 cyl.
By Carroll Sojourner

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

EPA should be ashamed for stating est. milage SO HIGH. Ours is 4 cyl. LT2. We are very disappointed with gas mileage 0f 24 mpg, when we live in country mostly level roads, and do very little start and stopping. Have 09 Chev. Impala which easily achieves avg of 28 mpg on same roads. Vehicle needs garage door opener, and option of full power seat on passenger side.

Favorite Features

Height from road, clearance from road, interior color choices.

Suggested Improvements

Seat power on Passenger side.Remote control for Garage. MPG improvement or change estimates on Sticker. I suspect that MPG estimates were not based on ethanol usage which is all we can purchase in our state, and is rumored to go from 10% to 15%