2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
2010 Equinox Problems with A/C and Shift
By 2010equinox1 on 03/31/13 17:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought 2010 Equinox new...(now has 36,600 miles) had no problems while it was under warranty with the exception of the tire monitoring system. Then, received a notice from Chevrolet about the software update required for the engine oil monitor. Took it in a little over a week ago. Since then the A/C does not cool and the shifter started sticking...in Drive and can only move to the Neutral position (strange coincidence...huhhh???). Can turn off...but, the key cannot be removed from the ignition. After 30 minutes of wiggling the shifter...finally got it into Park and could then remove key. Easter Sunday weekend... everything was closed so could not get it fixed...had to cancel trip. :(

Frustrated with GM
By catosmama on 01/18/12 06:59 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2010 equinox brand new two years ago November. At exactly the two year anniversary, the windshield wiper blades gave way - and they are expensive to replace. One month later, the check engine light came in. Took it in for repair. Then, it started shuddering for 30 seconds after you have shut it off and removed the key every single time you drive it. Then the stabilitrak light came on and off for no reason. One month after it was at the dealer, the check engine light is back on! Now I have to take it back to the dealer. It still looks great. It still is fun to drive. But I am not convinced that it is a quality, reliable vehicle. After owning four GMs, I am thinking of Ford next.

Really love my Equinox
By dottie6 on 03/20/11 15:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my Equinox almost a year and really love it. My dealer had the drivers seat customized for me since I am only 5'1" and had some back issues. Now it is really comfy. My other complaint that I had was that there was no light in the glove compartment and the dealership put one in for me. I asked the seat customizer what it would have cost if I paid for it myself and he said about $200 or so. I love the electronics and the feel of the car. I got 33 mpg going 58 mph with the cruise on. about 28 when on the interstate. I have the 4 cylinder 2 wheel drive. I live in Wisconsin and this winter it handled fine on snow covered and icy roads.

Great for tall drivers
By Lou Gebler on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Being 6'6", finding a comfortable car is tough. I tried most of the crossovers and bought my Equinox because I loved the room it gave me. Even with the front seat all the way back, passengers behind me have plenty of room. It's a great car for longer drives. I've been very impressed with it, except the mileage isn't as good as advertised. We also own a 2010 Hyundai Tucson which has a lot more pep than the Equinox but isn't nearly as comfortable or as nice. Chevy has so far impressed me with this car!

2010 Equnior LT1 4 cyl.
By Carroll Sojourner on 08/05/10 08:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

EPA should be ashamed for stating est. milage SO HIGH. Ours is 4 cyl. LT2. We are very disappointed with gas mileage 0f 24 mpg, when we live in country mostly level roads, and do very little start and stopping. Have 09 Chev. Impala which easily achieves avg of 28 mpg on same roads. Vehicle needs garage door opener, and option of full power seat on passenger side.

Overall Great Vehicle
By Jomac on 07/15/10 02:30 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the car in April 2010 and I have been averaging 28-29 mpg, which I am happy with. I ended up getting the 18" wheels which seems to make the ride a bit stiff. The car runs great but there seems to be a slight hesitation during quick acceleration. I have cloth seats and the drivers seat is experiencing a problem with the foam material appears to be bunching up where it meets the seat back. This is causing a hump right at the back of the seat cushion. The dealer has a new one on order, 2+ weeks so far. Having the door locks on the dash is a pain as I am use to locking my doors as I exit the vehicle. Just taking an adjustment.

Great Value for the money
By navalvet on 07/05/10 07:22 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is the first Chevrolet I have owned and I must say that I am quite pleased. I test drove a Ford, GMC, and Chevrolet and the Equinox was the best out of all three. Drives smooth and quiet. Bumps are hardly noticed. Space is well used, cargo area is large for a midsized SUV. For a V-6, sufficient power is available when needed.

Second followup
By Walkabout on 06/13/10 12:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Millage between 12 and 16 thousand miles. Nor-Cal to Mass, optional V-6. Still very happy with everything. Gas MPG was way up on whole trip. One day across Wyoming got 29.2 MPG. Most other days MPG was between 24.5 and 28.5 at 75+ MPH. No problems at all. I need to get front end "Bra" as the front of the car takes a beating with road objects flying into you causing paint divots. GM and LaBra don't offer them. Oil changes, tire rotations have been at 7500 miles each with around 24% oil life left. The car climbs highway hills with no problem, cruise manages that well including gas mileage. Cruise memory can get overloaded sometimes just reset and your ok. Great long trip car the best for 2 or 4

Great Tall Person Car
By Will Weber on 06/05/10 12:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

As a tall (6'4") person I have trouble finding cars that fit. This is the most comfortable, height-accommodating vehicle I have owned or driven. The front seat slides way back and still leaves rear leg room. On my first big trip in lots of rain and mountain driving I was shocked to average 28 mpg, but I did use the econo feature quite a bit and monitored the instantaneous mileage readout. I am used to feeling stiff and cramped after a long drive, but this vehicle has allowed me to cut back on my yoga. I don't like the exterior styling, but if this is the design necessary to make the interior so satisfying, I can accept the boxy-bulgy look.

Equinox fails to meet MPG expectations
By danblaha on 06/01/10 06:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased our beautiful Equinox in March '10. The ride and handling are better than expected as is the overall look. BUT, when it come to the gas-millage; Very disappointing! I am 73 ys young and a careful driver. I do not race-off from a stop light/sign and do not drive over 75 on the highway. I do not know where Chevy gets it's right to estimate 32 MPG (highway), the best I can do is 22.5 MPG. Which overall is not bad, but no where is it what I expected. Traded a 05 Murano which got 20 MPG in the city and 24 on the road, so after all the hype about the MPG of the Equinox I feel that Chevy is misrepresenting the facts. Don't get me wrong, I do love it, will C say on my 2nd oil change.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Equinox in VA is:

$106 per month*