Used 2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

junk
By Danny Glasgow

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

replaced 1st motor at 70000 miles and the 2nd motor at 120000 recommend not buying a chevy they r junk been a chevy man for a long time

60k miles and still loving it
By chris s

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Chevy equinox 2010 brand new with an out the door price of $27,000 with sun/moon window. I had trouble with toms at first which dealer fixed, had recalls on it fixed and there was the issue of lumbar support which broke twice that they fixed but let it be after the third time. Also had issue with steering wheel turning right for some reason but got fixed. Mileage not as advertised but still great compared to competition. Car looks great,drives great and safety is great. Got into a hit n run accident and felt nothing when other car hit me and took off. Had regular service done like oil changes,tire rotation,etc. Just had OEM tires replaced which lasted 60k instead of 65k due to dry rot and had 60k service done for just $159. Speed and power can be achieved by turning off eco mode but all in all great car for me. I see all the negative reviews and feel that maybe I just got lucky, so far so good keeping my fingers crossed that this will last 250k miles without any major repairs.

no vacation
By Jennifer

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Only had it two months on 09/28/15 when it stranded me on my way home after working overnight, 13 hour shift, the bolt that holds the guide plate for the timing chain had been loose for a long period of time and created a hole inside the block to big to repair, causing the chain to break and other damage to the engine. Have to buy new engine with vacation money. Not happy at all since its only the second vacation that I would of had in 33 years. I will never buy another Chevy vehicle.

Cheaply made car
By Kyle

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this 2010 Equinox back in December of 2014. Since then I have had my car in the shop over 6 times. I'm tired of it all. Plus I was getting about 31 mpg when I first bought the suv since then I am now getting about 22 mpg. Kind of a joke, I'm tired of all the crap with Chevrolet. I'm done with them and now am looking for another suv all together. Getting away from all of GM vehicles. My previous GMC truck had the same issues and also everything started to break on it one by one

Eeks and knocks (it's real name)
By thedetailguy

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Burned oil from day one.
Never saw more than 22.5mpg out of this, Eco mode or not.
Timing chain replaced at 20,000 miles along with 8 total (half of the valves).
Driver seat lumbar broke not once but twice.
Made a weird pop noise when warming up from exhaust area, alternator seemed too weak for the car, high pressure fuel pump, pistons and rings replaced at 38,200 miles, car sold back to dealer after this replacement at 10 miles later.
Couldn't be happier to be out of that hell hole. Two engine tear downs at less than 4 years of age and 40,000 miles s. wow!
No more Chevy for us!

Looked nice

Stop making cars, request no more bail outs, allow yourself to fail GM. Please don't put anyone else through this!