2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
unsafe problems reduced engine power/ service stabilitrac
By lindseytn32 on 02/12/14 06:11 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My vehicle has been great until it got cold outside and afraid its becoming a death trap. My vehicle has 83,000 miles and this winter my vehicle has decided to lower speed on its own no matter what speed im going.. I was on the interstate with my children doing 70mph and my vehicle violently started shaking the reduced engine power came on and service stabilitrac n immediately wouldn't let me decide the speed of my vehicle it dropped to 40mph and no faster there was no shpulder to pull off and had to drive it like that with people flying up on us scaring us to death. My dealership has tried a lot of things but this is still happening I can shut the car off and about three tries later it will

Best Vehicle I Have Owned
By mybestequinox on 10/12/13 05:08 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Drove all the way to White Plaines, NY to get the Equinox LTZ in Blue I wanted. 4 cyl (plenty of power), 2WD for maximum mileage. Drove to WI and back to FL on 4,000 mile trip and averaged 32.2 mpg. Smooth, reliable, roomy, quiet, efficient, fun to drive vehicle. Have owned over 35 vehicles to inlcude Corvette, Lexus, and Toyota and love this SUV. I stole it from my wife this morning just to get the chance to drive it. Had a noisy tick in the engine audible when outside of the vehicle, GM did the $3,000 repair for NC and provided rental and I have 49K miles on it. Runs quiet as a mouse. Great Car, Great Service, Great vaule.

High Expectations... to Ho Hum
By jodeo on 09/14/13 15:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2010 Equinox in 3/2012. I really liked the exterior. My initial test drive was fine, despite being a 4 cyl. engine. As a commuter car it's fine, but in rush hour traffic it lacks the pep and verve I need to maneuver. As for pleasure rides, it's not pleasurable. It's a dad-mobile. It really is a rather dull car experience despite being attractive inside and out. I decided to sell mine after learning (too late) that these tend to consume oil rather quickly. I can't make it to my 3-month oil changes w/o adding a quart, sometimes more. The standard radio makes tweaking audio (bass/treble, balance/fader) a chore, requiring you to take your eyes off the road. And no compass? Bah.

2010 Chevrolet Equinox
By rick2010chequ on 10/11/12 10:14 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

If you are thinking about buying this car, don't. 32,700 miles I bought this used. Worst mistake of my life buying this car. I wish I could trade it for another. Not happy at all. The dash board vibrates and rattles. I have had this in for repair at the Chevy dealer since I first bought this car. I had a 1960 Chevy Impala and a 1976 Chevy Special and was happy with them for many years. Buyer beware...do not buy 2010 Chevrolet Equinox or you will be sorry. I wish I had read these reviews before I purchased this horrible car. You feel cheap in this car. You hear the road noise...horrible. Buying this car makes me feel like a complete idiot.

Equinox 2010 flawed design
By jaymonsy on 06/29/12 12:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased 2010 equinox with 28,000 miles. Been in the shop 5 times already. Display panel and entire dashboard blew out, muffler is rusting because of designed drain hole on the side, very poor acceleration, no cabin air filter, fumes enter car even when recirculated air is on, no rear vents, no insulation on sun roof slider, car is always hot inside, chrome on dash creates glare directed right at the driver, making for unsafe driving condition. Gas milage is not what is advertised.

blinding reflections
By suvgirll on 05/11/12 13:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I don't know if I'm just sensitive to light, but when the sunlight hits the interior silvery trim on everthing I can't see. I literally have to hold my right hand up to cover parts of the car to keep the reflection from blinding me. While I'm driving it is becoming quite annoying. I've had the car for 3 months now and don't know what to do about it. Any suggestions out there?

best car I've ever owned awesome gas mileage
By drinder on 10/20/11 09:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I been driving this car for two years now and I cannot find one thing I dislike about it. It exterior in red is awesome, modern and has a sense of power to it. The interior is spacious, utilitarian and upscale. The four cylinder engine is barely noticeable. The mobility is great as well. The gas mileage is everything advertised, I drove from California to texas and from texas to georgia this year, both trips over 1200 miles and averaged 29-30 mpg. the gas mileage actually was higher except for texas highways speed limit of 80mph. also to note that the first leg of the i had a payload of 600lbs + 2 people and the second trip I had a payload of 800lbs and 2 people.

worst car ever
By subieman5 on 10/02/11 18:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Owned the 2010 equinox for two years it is starting to act like a 20 year old car, shudders all the time and the engine gasket seals have started to leak oil. think it's time to go and buy a car that is is made the real way not the cheap way as most US built cars are made. Think i'll talk my wife into getting the Subaru forrester as their is not to many complaints made about. Do not recommend or plan to ever buy GM car again, worst ever purchase i've made.

Plenty of minor defects
By julia on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my "dream Equinox" in December 2009 from a dealer in serramonte boulevard, colma last december 2009. It was fun to drive but in May 2010 they sent a letter telling that there was a minor recall for the defrost system, that was my 1st disappointment, and in October 2010, the lumbar adjustment was broken, it didn't work at all, the mechanic told me that the screw was sheared off, I was in a total disaster, because it never happened to my other Japanese cars, plus I have a back pain, so the lumber adjustment is so crucial to me, I have to say, I will not recommend this car at all, I will get back to my Honda or Mitsubishi, they are more reliable than this car.

Vibration
By dissatify owner on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Driving at 50 and up mph with the windows open in the back, the car vibrates so bad your ears pop and hurt. Took it to service dealership and was told all Equinox have the same vibration. The mpg it gives around 22 miles per gallon not 30/32 mpg. It has a very bad blind side that you got to be extra careful. If you are a passenger in the back sit, it is very uncomfortable. The service department at the Chevron dealership gave very poor service. Be should to open the back windows if you are test driving the Equinox at 50 mph before you buy it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Equinox in VA is:

$127 per month*