2009 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
not reliableI
By chevylemon on 01/23/10 09:03 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have had major problems with this vehicle, the ABS light, brake light and 4 wheel drive not working light continuously appear on the dashboard. The dealer has tried to fix the problem multiple times but is unable to. The vehicle has been out of service for more than 30 days. I am trying to return it under the lemon law but GM is fighting me. I would not purchase a GM vehicle again.

So far so good!
By Steve on 11/20/09 19:34 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I picked up an 09' equinox after completing many hours of reviewing. What I like most about the vehicle is that all of the 'kinks' have been fixed since 2005. The seats are comfortable; outside design is nice (2010 owners, you win!); drives like a truck (which is fine); gas mileage is ok (nothing to brag about).. overall it's a sturdy vehicle. I would have picked up an 2010 model if I racked up ++ miles, however, I do not drive enough to take full receive full benefit of the gas savings. The way I look at it, it would cost me $1000/20000km (I'm CDN) more running this vehicle than the 2010 model. I only drive 5-10k/yr and keep my vehicles for 5-6 years; therefore, costing $2000 more in gas.

Little Trailblazer
By Mark on 11/12/09 14:37 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2009 Equinox to replace a 2002 Trailblazer. The vehicle I love except I could use more room in the back to haul things. I can not haul four golf bags and four golfers. Other then that I think it is a great vehicle. Very well deck out with options.

little family hauler
By carstryke on 10/27/09 01:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Well i couldn't pass up the huge rebates even though i kinda regret it now just because the 2010's are so darn sexy. However i am still pleased and my wife is extremely pleased with our current equinox. Still i prefer the 2009 equinox to the competitions compact suv's.

electric question
By jocap on 10/13/09 16:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

my nox is a really good vehicle. I use it like it were a truck, which is what i traded in for it. I had a really bad experience trying to hook a trailer four way plug to it. Now i am trying to hook a 7 prong plug to pull a small pop up camper. I found out that it has some weird electrical system that needs a special something in line. If you don't use it the cars module will blow out, cost around eight hundred dollars to replace. it has something to do with the lights being separate. any help would be happily used.

2009 Sport Equinox
By Mike on 09/26/09 22:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Equinox Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We looked at a lot of suvs and crossovers. We knew as soon as we drove the Equinox Sport that this was a great vehicle. Great Power and Handling. It can tow my boat, because it has a 3500 lb towing capacity. Has good gas mileage if you do not race around. The warranty is great. Equinox is fun to drive and very versatile.

couldnt pass up the discounts, not bad
By miles on 07/31/09 14:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove escape, rav4, crv, Hyundai Santa Fe. All in all my first choice for interior comfort was the Santa Fe by a large margin. The equinox is simple and cheap feeling, but for the steep discount I got, I couldn't pass it up. Msrp 29,035, purchase price 18,766, lt with lt2, chrome wheels, sun roof, pioneer stereo, leather and heated seats. Runs and feels Nice, but at this point I am still missing the luxury feel that I couldn have had with the limted Santa Fe. Other issue- cheapskate design, no hatch release inside the car? no dome light or hatch light? cmon gm, that is just so lame, have some pride in what your putting on the market. No excuse to be that cheap.

2009 Equinox LT
By Gary on 07/06/09 15:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the Equinox for 6 months. I am getting 24 MPG on the road. I have owned Tahoes for 15 years and theis Equinox has as much acceleration as the Tahoes. Not one problem with the car in the first 6 months. Nothing to fix or replace.

Luv my" Nox"
By jeanne on 04/13/09 17:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My whole car shopping experience was done on line. I read all test drives and owner reviews of several vehicles. I used Edmunds calculations for a fair deal. Eliminating vehicles one by one, I was down to the Equinox. It was love at first sight. I test drove it and we were "one with the road immediately". I have taken several trips in complete comfort. I have to admit to being a senior citizen and thought I was going to have to give up night driving. The Equinox puts me slightly above the lights of most oncoming traffic and I have no trouble at all now. The all around vision is very good and the size is perfect for me. I bought the Silver Ice. Love this vehicle! Highly recommended.

Excellent Car
By Matt on 04/06/09 12:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Equinox Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2006 Equinox for the 09 Sport. Great road manners for everyday driving, has the power to pass when needed. Great Pricing, would highly recommend this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Equinox in VA is:

$131 per month*