2009 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Good choice for the price
By Robot on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned since new for 18 months; mileage is good on highway; general comfort is as good as any in price/vehicle type category. @ complaints: 1. Road noise on highway is higher than expected. 2. The lack of a dash mounted rear hatch release control is annoying. It's a very roomy and functional SUV in it's class.

Bought a used 2009 Equinox LS
By renfeslady on 03/07/10 16:01 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Had been looking at new equinox but decided to save some money and go used. The biggest worry was the Stablelizer light but found it only came on when the bumps on the highway were terrible. Drives great, acceleration great. The gas mileage is fine. Didn't buy it for that. Bought a cup holder that sits higher and works great. The controls in the center are too low and hard to see while driving so I don't mess with them unless I am off the road. I can deal with it for the price I got!!

Switching SUV
By Steven on 03/04/09 06:07 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I found this SUV to be a good alternative to my 2003 Lexus RX 300. It has good room and handles well. It seems to understeer a little but no problems. It's functional even though ite interior quality is a little inferior. Splash guard below door extends out too far and interferes when exiting.

Dumped the Pickup for the SUV
By Shineola on 02/18/09 06:18 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Quite a difference going from a Dodge Quad Cab to the SUV, but it was time. The Equinox has everything I was looking for, power, handling, room, looks, etc. After the 1st week (7 days)of ownership, I still had gas from the full tank I left with from the dealership! The 0 to 60 in what feels like 5 seconds really comes in handy when entering the highway in Houston, it's like hitting the "nitro" button! The steering is quite tight and responsive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Equinox Suv in VA is:

$131 per month*