Used 2009 Chevrolet Equinox Sport Consumer Reviews - 1 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Trasmission and electronics
By Jason

2009 Chevrolet Equinox Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this 2009 chevy equniox for my used 3 years ago with 50,000 miles on it. When we purchased it finish was starting to come off on the controls, but not bad. Everything was good for the first year then the problems started. First was the drivers door lock would not work with the fob after 2 years. You had to use the Manuel key. Then the third year the service tration control light came on. Then the service engine light. Then the trasmission started slipping. The vehicle started going down quick. Yesterday I decided it was time to trade it in @ 81,00 miles and it was such a relief. Chevy is not what it used to be. A friend that is a chevy mechanic told us that the head gasket would need to be replaced soon because that is a very common problem. The resale value is also poor. Trade in was only $2,500 -$3,500. We still owed $8,000 on it so we ended up paying Msrp to get the suv paid off. Lesson learned. I bought a new hyundai sonata and bought my wife a new kia sorento. 100,000 mile warranty and best rated for reliability.