Used 2009 Chevrolet Equinox LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

26000 kilometers in and the love is gone
By carstryke

2009 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Well im 26000 kilometers and 17 months into ownership. So far i have replaced a Axel Seal, the Radio reciever, had to bring it in to get my XM fixed and currently it is the shop because my drivers door lock and power window is not operational and my Xm isnt working again and my check engine light has been flashing on and off for months. Now there are a few unsolved problems i have had too, Occasionally it makes loud knock while cornering, the transmission occasionally slips, once after a road trip there was a strong burning smell coming from the vents and i have had to boost it multiple times this winter even when it was plugged in. Trading it in at a loss as soon as i find something else

Favorite Features

Very very roomy and i personally like the styling. Also the gas mileage isnt bad.

Suggested Improvements

Very very poor electrical system and cupholders.

Happy and disappointed at same time
By cricketsler

2009 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I actually bought a 2006 model off the showroom floor. wanted to add my 2 cents. I liked the interior/exterior look of it and the gas mileage is decent. Lots of options on mine. Biggest issues are that the electrical system has never worked right. Had it fixed under warranty but now other elec. components aren't working. Junky cup holders and the turning radius is wide. good luck in a parking garage! Also the tailgate lift hydraulics go bad fast and those things are EXPENSIVE to replace! Mine went bad less than two years and now, two years later, they are bad again.Break comp. went bad fast too. you feel acceleration switch Cargo room is nice though for its class. Great backseat leg space

Favorite Features

Leather seats, 6 disc CD, legroom for backseat passengers, sound system decent,cargo space great for its class

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius improvements needed, as well as hydraulics on the back lift gate bars! Work on overall system quality, like electrical, brakes not reliable as I'd like the car to be.

little family hauler
By carstryke

2009 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Well i couldn't pass up the huge rebates even though i kinda regret it now just because the 2010's are so darn sexy. However i am still pleased and my wife is extremely pleased with our current equinox. Still i prefer the 2009 equinox to the competitions compact suv's.

Favorite Features

Reliable, fits 3 car seats, lots of cargo space (double of my old impala), AWD is nice for canadian winters, and this vehicle is nice enough to shut my wife up :) gm's floormat design won't take me to a fiery crash. Most importantly it is a Chevy.

Suggested Improvements

Worst cup holder design ever, gas cap is on the wrong side, backseat looks uncomfortable....good thing i'm always the driver, and the turning radius is huge. All these are minor things that i can live with though.