Used 2009 Chevrolet Equinox LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Key in will not start
By sandy

2009 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Trouble For some reason when we put the key in the ignition it will not start until you play with the wheel. It will start with the remote. This has happened twice in the last two days - takes 10- 15 minutes and some sort of luck to get it to start

Ride, handles really well

Seems like it was designed strange - the windshield wipers are on the right - opening the window is on the column. When you go to a fast food or bank the window is much higher forcing one to lean out or open the door

Never buy a Chevy again!
By Webb

2009 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This car gets terrible gas mileage and has many defects. At 24000 miles the gas gauge quit working, the fan constantly cuts in and out with the AC, and now with just 46000 mikles the transmission seal is leaking (not covered under extended warranty) and a bad spark plug wire fouled a spark plug and ruined the fuel injection system all not covered under warranty! All factory items, had the dealership always change the oil and perform routine maintenance yet the original spark plug and wire is bad. Terrible service and terrible quality. I will never owen another Chevy product again.

None

Need to improve the gas mileage and use better parts. Teach quality to the workers!

couldnt pass up the discounts, not bad
By miles

2009 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove escape, rav4, crv, Hyundai Santa Fe. All in all my first choice for interior comfort was the Santa Fe by a large margin. The equinox is simple and cheap feeling, but for the steep discount I got, I couldn't pass it up. Msrp 29,035, purchase price 18,766, lt with lt2, chrome wheels, sun roof, pioneer stereo, leather and heated seats. Runs and feels Nice, but at this point I am still missing the luxury feel that I couldn have had with the limted Santa Fe. Other issue- cheapskate design, no hatch release inside the car? no dome light or hatch light? cmon gm, that is just so lame, have some pride in what your putting on the market. No excuse to be that cheap.

looks great on the outside, xm radio, roomy interior, sun roof, upgraded pioneer system sounds good for xm radio and cd, but the normal radio is sounding real weird and cheap.

the interior design of controls and placement is just horrible. NOt a deal breaker, but whoever came up with this from chevy should never be allowed to design a car interior again. It's baffling why you would put controls and cupholders where is is awkward to reach them. upgrade interior materials

2009 Equinox LT
By Gary

2009 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the Equinox for 6 months. I am getting 24 MPG on the road. I have owned Tahoes for 15 years and theis Equinox has as much acceleration as the Tahoes. Not one problem with the car in the first 6 months. Nothing to fix or replace.

Handling. Clean lines. Better fuel economy. 100,000 mile warranty.

None

2009 Equinox
By SN

2009 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I recently traded a 2006 Grand Caravan for a 2009 Equinox 2LT. We wanted something a bit smaller and more modern and the Equinox really fits what we were looking for. The styling is great. The controls are far more advanced than GM used to put on their vehicles. The handling is tight. The seats are comfortable. We totally happy with this decision. We looked at many of it's competitors, and liked the Equinox the best by far. Anyone thinking that GM still doesn't make vehicles that consumers want should take a look at the Equinox.

OnStar, steering wheel controls, stereo, bluetooth, handling, acceleration.

Center console could use the space better.