2009 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Key in will not start
By sandy on 02/27/10 22:04 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Trouble For some reason when we put the key in the ignition it will not start until you play with the wheel. It will start with the remote. This has happened twice in the last two days - takes 10- 15 minutes and some sort of luck to get it to start

Never buy a Chevy again!
By Webb on 02/18/10 15:43 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This car gets terrible gas mileage and has many defects. At 24000 miles the gas gauge quit working, the fan constantly cuts in and out with the AC, and now with just 46000 mikles the transmission seal is leaking (not covered under extended warranty) and a bad spark plug wire fouled a spark plug and ruined the fuel injection system all not covered under warranty! All factory items, had the dealership always change the oil and perform routine maintenance yet the original spark plug and wire is bad. Terrible service and terrible quality. I will never owen another Chevy product again.

couldnt pass up the discounts, not bad
By miles on 07/31/09 14:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove escape, rav4, crv, Hyundai Santa Fe. All in all my first choice for interior comfort was the Santa Fe by a large margin. The equinox is simple and cheap feeling, but for the steep discount I got, I couldn't pass it up. Msrp 29,035, purchase price 18,766, lt with lt2, chrome wheels, sun roof, pioneer stereo, leather and heated seats. Runs and feels Nice, but at this point I am still missing the luxury feel that I couldn have had with the limted Santa Fe. Other issue- cheapskate design, no hatch release inside the car? no dome light or hatch light? cmon gm, that is just so lame, have some pride in what your putting on the market. No excuse to be that cheap.

2009 Equinox LT
By Gary on 07/06/09 15:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the Equinox for 6 months. I am getting 24 MPG on the road. I have owned Tahoes for 15 years and theis Equinox has as much acceleration as the Tahoes. Not one problem with the car in the first 6 months. Nothing to fix or replace.

2009 Equinox
By SN on 02/17/09 13:59 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I recently traded a 2006 Grand Caravan for a 2009 Equinox 2LT. We wanted something a bit smaller and more modern and the Equinox really fits what we were looking for. The styling is great. The controls are far more advanced than GM used to put on their vehicles. The handling is tight. The seats are comfortable. We totally happy with this decision. We looked at many of it's competitors, and liked the Equinox the best by far. Anyone thinking that GM still doesn't make vehicles that consumers want should take a look at the Equinox.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Equinox in VA is:

$105 per month*