2008 Chevrolet Equinox 3.4L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Wife's New Ride

2008 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

Wife's New Ride
By Lee on

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

After test driving suv's from Honda Pilot, Fords Edge, GMC Acadia, Saturn Vue, we decided on the Chevy Equinox. Two main reason's; 1. Ease of getting in and out of the vehicle. 2. This was the only vehicle that didn't have an obstructed view by wide front door window trims. The viewing area is much more open than any of the others. We also found the dash was not raised or slanted upward, but smoothly angles downward. Both my wife and I have bad backs and it's entry is with ease on my 6'2" 280lb frame. My wife just lost both breasts to cancer and pulling down on the rear hatch is not a problem as it was with the other SUV's. All in all, a well rounded design and earthy downhome elegance.

Favorite Features

Electric controls on the console. Engine smoothness in acceleration. Steering handles well and the road noise less booming than the other suv's we test drove.

Suggested Improvements

Different design for the cup holders. Ability to open the rear window would be nice.