2008 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: Serious issues with electrical

2008 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

Serious issues with electrical.....
By Serious elec. issues on

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Equinox in 08 and was very happy at first until I had serious issues 6 months after purchase. My Equinox kept bucking and went into the dealer to find out issue was the cylinder misfiring. This was fixed but 6 months later the lock on the drivers side would not work. This too was fixed. 2.5 months later the wipers would not work unless on high speed. Dealer fixed this issue. I was on the highway since I drive 50 miles to work and Equinox again started to buck. Again cylinder was misfiring. Dealer had to replace all wiring. Chevy tried to refuse stating it was due to me not keeping up with maintenance. Not true. I had to prove all the maintenance I had done. Not happy at all.

Fold down back seats. Roof racks, Remote starter.

Fix the electrical issues. My warranty is now up and I will not fix these issues again. I would rather purchase another vehicle from another maker. POOR POOR design....
By jabner
on 07/13/13 02:39 AM (PDT)

I purchased my Equinox in Dec, 2008. It had 56 miles on it. I loved it at first..until the problems started. Within a few days of purchase, the tire sensors began malfunctioning and have yet to read the pressure correctly. three weeks later, the power steering locked up. The dealership accused me of causing the problem by hooking up booster cables inproperly which I had not. The rear window washer quit working 6 months after purchase. The driver side window, lock, and the cd player simultaneously stopped working just after the warranty ended. The head lights are nearly impossible to change yourself. I found a cheap mechanic for that. The dealership asked over 200.00 to replace the head lights since "The bumper has to be dropped to change them." My mechanic hasn't had to drop the bumper, but has had to replace both head lights 9 times in 5 years. It has now began misfiring after speed reaches 50 mph. I changed the spark plugs/wires, also very hard to do yourself, but the misfiring persists and is getting worse. I continue to read that other owners are having the same issues. I cant understand why there has not been a recall for some of the problems.