Even I was surprised!
By pmm texas on
2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)
I was skeptical of the reviews of the Equinox from this website. I debated between the Trailblazer and Equinox, but under pressure to trade my very undesirable Honda CRV, I took the plunge and bought the Equinox. I've had it now for 16 months and 22k miles. This car beats the CRV hands down. It is much more comfortable, has more power, has a smoother ride, roomier, much quieter, and the gas mileage is actually comparable. Glad I traded the CRV and didn't get the Trailblazer. Problems: I've had to replace two batteries and the radio (all under warranty). I don't know why the batteries are being discharged prematurely.
Favorite Features
Highway mileage around 23-24 mpg. Quiet, smooth, comfortable ride. Crash Safety ratings are excellent. Roomy backseat, which slides forward to hold more cargo when necessary. Electronic info center.
Suggested Improvements
The cup holders are lousy, as previously reported. I dislike the appearance of the hood, grille, and lights, could use a facelift. Disturbing blind spots from front pillars. Front console not quite design right. Tends to fill with stuff and be hidden by arm rest.