2008 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Happy with My Equinox
By Sandy Miller on 03/31/08 09:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have only had the vehicle one week and so far I am very happy with it. I am impressed with all the features it has for the amount of money it cost. I especially like the automatic start. I am a single woman, and this is a good feature for me. I also like the OnStar feature and hands free telephone. I drive to work every day, a 52 mile round-trip day, so far I am getting approx 21 MPG. I hope to get better as the car breaks in, of course this is a lot better, than what I was getting with my Chevy Avalanche. My friends are very impressed with the looks of the vehicle, inside and out. So far I think I made a good decision to buy an Equinox.

2008 Equinox 6 cyl 3.4 LS
By Jeffrey McMinn on 03/24/08 19:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Runs great in that have had no problems so far, but only have 3000 miles. Has great pick-up when needed, corners well. Style is impressive and everything inside "makes sense". The ride is not as smooth as I'd like to have it, but we're not talking a Caddy here. Drive conservative and get 25 MPG, but do little city driving. Realistically, I'd probably get 21 if I drove like I used to do when gas wasn't gold plated, but if we can put a man on the moon, surely we could design one that gets 30 mpg.

Comments
By Arline Jesme on 03/22/08 16:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I am not happy with the location of the lever to adjust the stirring wheel. It is not safe when you are on a long trip and you need to change setting's. I have to pull over to do it as it is hard to do it (over correct and turn into some one). And I am not a tall so I need to change it on trips) and also the adjustment on moving the seat, up and down. It stinks. The emergency brake is in a location the is really unhandy. I wish I would have check this car out more. Should get more for what you pay for thise car's. Did not want to pay real big money out and this is what you get. Poor quality. I hope to trade in couple years. I always was with GMC. I needed a car at the time & think I was pushed.

Love this SUV!
By Great SUV on 03/20/08 19:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I went into the dealership just to look at the Equinox. (I did research online first) I test drove the car and after talking with the sales man I bought it. I gotta say I have only had it a month and I love it. It's high off the ground but not too high. The engine is so quiet. I would definitley recomomend it. In fact my mom might be getting one too.

Great SUV
By purotexmex on 03/16/08 14:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I recently bought this car while on leave from Iraq and I must say, I love this vehicle! I couldn't stop driving it. It is fun to drive and has a lot of room inside. My two daughters love it also. My wife, she is very pleased with this car. All the extra features it has is great. This car is well built. I have a family of four and it sometimes got very tight in our last vehicle, but with the amount of space inside this one, it is great. The remote ignition starter is great too! I am now back in Iraq finsihing up my tour and all I can think about is my family and this great car we bought! Thank you Chevy!

Mini van replacement
By brjunc on 03/07/08 21:08 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

So far so good. Fuel economy with mixed driving 20.6mpg. Hoped for better. Drives and rides great. Look forward to traveling this summer.

Big Guy Comfort
By edward on 02/16/08 16:24 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 6-3 270lbs and getting in and out of this vehicle is easy. V6 gets 20+ on average and 23+ highway. Plenty power and great in snow, I have fwd. also you can get 4 large adults in with no problem, lots of leg room. For the money this is a great vehicle. Also Chevy warranties are great. I’ve always been a Ford man and so far I have no regrets in switching, I think Ford has been lagging the last few years.

My Ezmerelda
By BIG R on 02/09/08 11:15 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Only way to feel trans shifting is to watch tachometer. Has more get up and go than I figured when I bought the vehicle. The car's paint and finish are great. Used to own Fords, but this baby is hot. Put on fender flaps, a must to keep side panels dry.

Great SUV
By Jessica on 01/20/08 18:11 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I decided to get something a little bigger than the 2 door Cobalt that I had, since we travel a good bit. We decided on the Equinox and absoulty love it. We did not need anything extremely big since it is just the two of us, but the room it has is great. This is my first SUV and I will never be able to drive a car again, it drives like a car but is so much higher off the ground. So easy to get in and out.

Great vehicle
By lap on 01/13/08 12:59 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

So far, I love my Equinox! It's sporty and fun to drive. I can take the grandkids and all their stuff to their sporting events and yet I am comfortable driving it to a high profile meeting.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Chevrolet Equinox in VA is:

$113 per month*