Used 2008 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Equinox LTZ Experience
By Bill

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is fun to drive and is quite comfortable. Has decent power and handling. Love the colour (Granite Gray Metallic), yet the interior tends to be somewhat spartan (typical chevy, although I see the 2010 model improves dramatically upon that). Turning radius is too large, and the usual issue with the cup holders is a hindrance and they are also somewhat flimsy. Back seat a model of versatility, as it moves 8" fore and aft to accommodate either passengers or cargo. I do like the height of the rear liftgate, although shorter persons may find it tough to reach. Overall a fine vehicle - and the AWD feature works well in Chicago area winters. Upgraded Pioneer stereo is rad!

AWD! Great size and room for the money and for it's class. Seats are comfortable and visibility is decent. Exterior trim on the LTZ is quite good - and it is well put together. Definitely get the factory installed remote starter, when available. It is a really nice feature for SUV at this price.

Fix the cupholders. They are in the way of the parking brake lever, and also it is difficult to reach the power seat controls on the drivers side.

So in love
By shelli bell

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV is definitely the best purchase for a family in our opinion. The Equinox has more than enough power, and for tall or bigger person is is ideal. After much researching for almost a year, this car is extremely safe and puts the mind at ease with safety. We have a big truck, and didn't want to sacrifice room and power for great gas mileage of a car. Although I wish I had gone with the LS, this is my only regret. This base model has more than enough gadgets and the OnStar is wonderful. I work night shift and live in the country, and after a serious accident about a year ago I am so comfortable driving in the snowy conditions on back roads. With only the FWD, I have never had a problem!

OnStar GPS. All I can say is wow! And for only $10/mo subscription it blows my Garmin out of the water! I got a remote start installed from the dealer, and it takes almost no time at all to get into a toasty car! The V6 power and get-up. The best is the enormous amount of back seat room!

For the price i paid with the wonderful rebates this time of year I really can't complain about anything except those stupid cupholders! They are flimsy, I hope they last. And the cupholders that come out of the back are very low and my toddler can't reach them.

Poor mileage
By MICKEY32

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Experience rather noisy. Car has a whine at 35 mph that dealer says is normal. My wife will not drive it as she cannot find a comfortable seat adjustment position for her short legs. (She has no problems with our Ford product). The fuel mileage is terrible. I sold my pickup to get better mileage but it did not happen.

Car height, and seat height for the male driver.

Drivers seat adjustment. Better fuel mileage. I am checking mileage with actual fuel used and mileage recorded.

Lucky to be alive
By 1 lucky duck

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a 2008 Chevy Equinox LT-2 trim package after looking at the Ford Escape and Edge and the Jeep Liberty. The Equinox fits me fine and I'm 6ft 5 285lbs. And January 24, 2008 we proved its crash test ratings. I fell asleep at the wheel around noon and hit the guide rails on I-79 with cruise set at 68. Looks like I hit them head on. Took out 5 posts then rolled and slid down into grass. It totaled the car and all we got was sore necks from seatbelts. Even the airbags didn't hurt hitting us! But I think they saved our lives we had 5 in car. 3 kids in back. 5 star 4 sure!

All wheel drive. sunroof. heated seats. Crash worthiness and OnStar (called us before we stopped moving definitely a good system)

A little better gas mileage. Getting 20-21 mpg mixed driving. Wife wants lights on flip down visor mirror and window controls on doors.

Love my little blue rollerskate!
By Monstertrouble

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

At least that's what my husband calls it. My little rollerskate. I've had it almost a year now and its still as fun to drive as it was the day I bought it. My little AWD goes through the deep snow like a dream. There's tons of room in the back for the kids to stretch out and we can still take the dog along with us on road trips and it gets decent gas mileage. The only complaint I have for my Equinox is that it is a little lightweight, if the wind is really blowing I have to keep both hands at 10 and 2 to keep it steady. But up here in Michigan we don't get too many windy days so it's only been a stressful ride once or twice. All in all it's a great little family car. Cute and fun to drive.

AWD. The little display that shows me the tire pressure and percentage of oil life left. Tons more cargo room than what I expected.