Used 2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Bad Design no help with problem
By ray

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Rear doors fill with rain, dust, snow, dirt when going down road. When doors are opened the fender wells are covered with dirt, dust, snow, water making it impossible to use rear seats with out getting clothes ruined..Dealer won't correct nor will G.M. Sorry!

enjoy driving, until opening rear doors then what a mess no way to use rear seat for any purpose.

weather strip on exterior portion of rear doors around entire door...

Love my Equinox!
By smalltwnwife

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I just traded a 2002 Ford Explorer for this Equinox and I'm loving it! I can still hardly believe I qualified for one, but I did! It is such a cute, roomy SUV for my family and I. I can't wait to take it on a road trip and see how well it does. I love how much lower to the ground this vehicle sits, it makes getting kids in and out easy. There is a ton of leg room in the back, even when my 6' hubby is driving. The sliding back seat is great, along with the 'purse cubby' under the front center console. A very basic vehicle, but still enough extra little things to set it apart. What really caught my attention was the crash test ratings. So very important when driving with little ones.

Sliding back bench, dash set up, storage under front center console, tons of leg room in the back, nice get up and go and handling, OnStar and AWD!

Better cup holders.

I love my Equinox
By Annie

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love the look of my Equinox. ' After driving cars for years, I really enjoy sitting up higher.

Roomy back seat

Her name is Queenie Equinox
By Amanda

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new Equinox. I was originally looking for a Honda CR-V, but the moment I saw the Equinox I switched. Honda CR-Vs seems cheap looking compared to the Chevy Equinox. I'm also glad to buy American.

The main reason for my purchase was the good mileage and plenty of room in the car but small enough to fit in our garage. I'm huge fan of the sunroof. I think I am the only one here that really doesn't have a problem with the cupholders.

My Equinox is in the shop because the 1st cylinder in the engine misfires. I don't blame this on Chevy because these things happen. For those of you with a "noisy engine" I suggest taking it in. As soon as GM found the problem, they were more than happy to give me a loaner until it's fixed.

Equinox LTZ Experience
By Bill

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is fun to drive and is quite comfortable. Has decent power and handling. Love the colour (Granite Gray Metallic), yet the interior tends to be somewhat spartan (typical chevy, although I see the 2010 model improves dramatically upon that). Turning radius is too large, and the usual issue with the cup holders is a hindrance and they are also somewhat flimsy. Back seat a model of versatility, as it moves 8" fore and aft to accommodate either passengers or cargo. I do like the height of the rear liftgate, although shorter persons may find it tough to reach. Overall a fine vehicle - and the AWD feature works well in Chicago area winters. Upgraded Pioneer stereo is rad!

AWD! Great size and room for the money and for it's class. Seats are comfortable and visibility is decent. Exterior trim on the LTZ is quite good - and it is well put together. Definitely get the factory installed remote starter, when available. It is a really nice feature for SUV at this price.

Fix the cupholders. They are in the way of the parking brake lever, and also it is difficult to reach the power seat controls on the drivers side.