2008 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Good buy
By conran06 on 05/21/08 14:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I guess i got screwed because mine didn't come with free OnStar for a year, or 3 mo. of XM radio. I did buy it used though with 15,000mi. I do like the smooth drive and I think the seat cusions are very comfortable. I do not like the interior. Looks very cheap on the doors and center console. I'm not a big fan of the cushion pattern. I came from an 03 Eclipse Spider, convertable with leather. I wish I had a sunroof at least.

Bride's Ride
By Tar Heel Born on 05/19/08 23:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Only first 2000 miles, but so far we are extemely happy. Had a 2000 Venture, and this is much more fun. MPG is not quite as good, but we are around 20 MPG for her work commute. Look forward to some summer travel. Wife's back bothers her and the supportive seats really help her.

Great SUV
By RW on 05/12/08 20:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I recently bought this SUV for her daily driver and she could not be more pleased with it. Overall 21mpg and 25mpg on the highway. Smooth ride and great price combine for a happy Chevy customer!

Love it!
By thare on 05/05/08 19:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2003 Chevy TrailBlazer EXT for the Equinox. The best thing that I ever did.The gas mileage is wonderful. I only fill up once a week instead of twice a week. I travel 50 mile round trip for work and it has helped a lot due to the jacked up gas prices.

Sporty Ride
By buckeye mema on 04/29/08 04:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned vans for many years but decided we wanted to size down. I loved the look & price of this car and the ride is good. Some of the interior design is a little "cheap" in quality, but with the good price of the car you have to expect that. The two things I do not like are the sun visors are too short, they could use an extension of some type & the way the hatch opens, it is hard to get it open you have to grab it in just the right place. We do take a number of weekend trips and have found the gas mileage to be getting better. We are getting about 30 miles to the gallon now. Too bad the gas tank could not be a little bigger, but like I said we owned vans before.

2008 Equinox Sport
By Bob 5035 on 04/28/08 18:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Owned the Sport version for 5 months now and love it! Very comfortable seating both front and rear, plenty of room all around. Sport version has a stiffer ride than other versions, but not too harsh, handling is top-notch. Terrific forward visability and very stable and quiet at highway speeds. If there is a better crossover SUV in this price range, I haven't seen it. Only low note, is that I wish fuel mileage was 2-3 mpg better - but who doesn't?

Wife's New Ride
By Lee on 04/28/08 16:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

After test driving suv's from Honda Pilot, Fords Edge, GMC Acadia, Saturn Vue, we decided on the Chevy Equinox. Two main reason's; 1. Ease of getting in and out of the vehicle. 2. This was the only vehicle that didn't have an obstructed view by wide front door window trims. The viewing area is much more open than any of the others. We also found the dash was not raised or slanted upward, but smoothly angles downward. Both my wife and I have bad backs and it's entry is with ease on my 6'2" 280lb frame. My wife just lost both breasts to cancer and pulling down on the rear hatch is not a problem as it was with the other SUV's. All in all, a well rounded design and earthy downhome elegance.

Pluses outweigh minuses
By Ed Yancey on 04/25/08 14:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Vehicle looks great. Sonama Red Metalic with silver pinstripes. Performance is outstanding and the vehicle gets a lot of looks and positive comments. Heated leather seats are a big plus. Love the Pioneer sound system and the sunroof. Did not really plan on getting the sport as looked at the lower end models, but glad purchased this model instead. Only problem so far was in-dash cd player. It would just quit playing discs at certain times. Once ignition switch was turned off for a few minutes the cd player would work again. Sometimes for a few hours, sometimes for just a few songs. Tried different discs and same problem. Dealership replaced the radio/cd player now works fine.

LTZ is a Great Package
By Luv da LTZ on 04/19/08 10:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the LTZ New Year's Eve, and I am very pleased with this vehicle. I drive a lot of highway miles and average about 23 mpg, driving 65 mph. It drives smoothly, handles well, though turning radius isn't the tightest. With the back seat pulled all the way forward, there is plenty of cargo room, and with it all the way back, plenty of leg room. The Pioneer sound system w/subwoofer gives premium sound. I would suggest adding more storage compartments. The driver's visor extends, but the passenger's does not - kind of odd.

I hate my Equinox
By Harry P on 04/10/08 16:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Really disappointed that I bought this truck. Traded in my 2003 fully loaded Trailblazer EXT and this is such a step down. GM really went the cheap route in the interior. The Sport version lists for $40k Cdn and there are so many better trucks for that amount of money. The biggest complaint is the ride. From what I can tell the Sport is the worst of them all but it is totally uncomfortable and bounces all over the road. This will be traded quite soon.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.