Used 2008 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 111 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Water Water Everywhere
By familydad

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car after left my previous job since it was my company car. 5000 miles later, I also had the 1st cylinder misfire which was a costly repair. This car has a design and/or engineering flaw because everytime it rains, the spare tire compartment fills with water. Once it gets too full or you have to brake hard, the water sloshed forward and continues to soak the back and front seat floors. I contacted Chevy and they are not initiating a recall for this known problem. Chevy is not reimbursing to get this leak fixed because they have no idea where all the water is coming from... It is very frustrating to have to empy the rear storage to use a vacuum everytime it rains...

Interior space. Ideal for family on the go.

Start the recall process for a known problem and admit there is a design flaw. By doing so would show your costumer and consumer base you are trying to take a responsible action. Until, this is corrected by Chevy, I will not consider line of cars in the future.

Don't buy if you drive in snow
By Cnwave

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have disliked this car since I had to drive it in snow the first week I owned. I thought it would be o.k. to buy a FWD instead of an AWD. I was wrong and so was my salesman. He didn't think I would have a problem. Obviously he didn't know what he was talking about. I won't buy another car from Superior Chevrolet. After making attempts to get some kind of resolution I was unsuccessful.

3500 lb towing, although I have only towed 1000 lb with it.

Don't offer the FWD in any environment where snow is expected.

Leaky
By madmae200

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The car drives great and is pretty reliable. It rains in puddles on the back floor board and back where tire is stored. Nothing else in the car gets wet. I vacuumed a 1/2 gallon of water. The dealership has no idea where the water is coming from. Seats, headliners and inside interior are all dry.

Comfortable.

Find the darn leak. I'll have a molded vehicle pretty soon. Yuck!!

It"s built CHEAP
By Cayman LT2(LTZ)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I find you get alot for your money but I've had my car only a year and 6 months and already had the left front and the right front axle changed along with a door handle that fell of an interior passenger visor. I also had to have my ac panel changed because of peeling and now I'm awaiting a passenger door lock controller and a front right head light. It makes me wonder how much I'm going to have to spend after the 2 YEAR warranty if I will have to bear these frequent visits to the garage without even being in an accident and owning a new car. I would suggest a different car. I'm think of the new Audi cross over Hyundia. By the way I hate the unsteady cup holders an cheap old fashion ac vents.

OH HOW I LOVE MY EQUINOX
By irret_49_nc

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2007 kia, until I found the equinox. I was originally looking at a Pontiac torrent which is a sister to the equinox. I ended up buying the equinox. Its actually wider than the torrent and the front ends are different. We recently drove it to fla for a Cruise and it was a wonderful ride verses the kia. Only bad thing is the stupid plastic cup holders... And no where to lay your phone or smokes but I fixed that problem easily. I bought a small office wire basket at walmart and put it on the dash, now I have space to stash a lot. The radio is great but the speakers arent as good as I had in my kia... But overall I give this suv a 10!

My favorite feature is the sunroof and Cruise... Heated leather seats.

Change cup holders and speakers. Better yet recall these 2 items