Used 2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Leaky
By madmae200

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The car drives great and is pretty reliable. It rains in puddles on the back floor board and back where tire is stored. Nothing else in the car gets wet. I vacuumed a 1/2 gallon of water. The dealership has no idea where the water is coming from. Seats, headliners and inside interior are all dry.

Comfortable.

Find the darn leak. I'll have a molded vehicle pretty soon. Yuck!!

It"s built CHEAP
By Cayman LT2(LTZ)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I find you get alot for your money but I've had my car only a year and 6 months and already had the left front and the right front axle changed along with a door handle that fell of an interior passenger visor. I also had to have my ac panel changed because of peeling and now I'm awaiting a passenger door lock controller and a front right head light. It makes me wonder how much I'm going to have to spend after the 2 YEAR warranty if I will have to bear these frequent visits to the garage without even being in an accident and owning a new car. I would suggest a different car. I'm think of the new Audi cross over Hyundia. By the way I hate the unsteady cup holders an cheap old fashion ac vents.

OH HOW I LOVE MY EQUINOX
By irret_49_nc

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2007 kia, until I found the equinox. I was originally looking at a Pontiac torrent which is a sister to the equinox. I ended up buying the equinox. Its actually wider than the torrent and the front ends are different. We recently drove it to fla for a Cruise and it was a wonderful ride verses the kia. Only bad thing is the stupid plastic cup holders... And no where to lay your phone or smokes but I fixed that problem easily. I bought a small office wire basket at walmart and put it on the dash, now I have space to stash a lot. The radio is great but the speakers arent as good as I had in my kia... But overall I give this suv a 10!

My favorite feature is the sunroof and Cruise... Heated leather seats.

Change cup holders and speakers. Better yet recall these 2 items

Love It
By dvilla57

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my Impala for the Equinox because we were going on a road trip and wanted more room. The Equinox has that. We traveled from Texas to Califoria and back without a hitch. Gas mileage is good. Lots of leg room. I like the sporty look of the Equinox even though it is not the sport model. The position of the windo controls took a little getting used to. All in all I would recommend this vehicle.

Leg room, radio controls on the steering wheel, message center

I am not crazy about the console in the middle with the one cup holder. When you put down the arm rest you cannot access anything in the console

Even I was surprised!
By pmm texas

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I was skeptical of the reviews of the Equinox from this website. I debated between the Trailblazer and Equinox, but under pressure to trade my very undesirable Honda CRV, I took the plunge and bought the Equinox. I've had it now for 16 months and 22k miles. This car beats the CRV hands down. It is much more comfortable, has more power, has a smoother ride, roomier, much quieter, and the gas mileage is actually comparable. Glad I traded the CRV and didn't get the Trailblazer. Problems: I've had to replace two batteries and the radio (all under warranty). I don't know why the batteries are being discharged prematurely.

Highway mileage around 23-24 mpg. Quiet, smooth, comfortable ride. Crash Safety ratings are excellent. Roomy backseat, which slides forward to hold more cargo when necessary. Electronic info center.

The cup holders are lousy, as previously reported. I dislike the appearance of the hood, grille, and lights, could use a facelift. Disturbing blind spots from front pillars. Front console not quite design right. Tends to fill with stuff and be hidden by arm rest.