2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Handy & comfortable
By marcopolo on 08/16/08 17:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We took our new Equinox on a road trip a week after we got it, a very pleasant ride. Comfortable seats, the long wheelbase makes the ride smoother, easy to get into. Fuel economy is much better than my 06 Trailblazer, and there is more interior room for passengers. The big cooler sits flat on the floor in the back seat, XM radio & OnStar are also great. The electric steering is quiet and efficient. It is just a great ride. We're going again in a couple of weeks, and I can't wait to get on the road. Then, in everyday life, it's easy on gas around town, easy to park, simple to maneuver. Plenty of room for stuff in the back, too. This might be my most favorite car ever.

Pretty Happy Guy
By BigJoeSan on 08/04/08 18:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just got my 2008 Equinox Sport. I'm liking it more and more. Fun to drive. The map pocket is a little uncomfortible against my right leg. It handles great on the road.

Great car, all the options, smooth ride
By stuart on 08/01/08 12:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the LTZ black metallic after lots of research. Had the Escape for 4 years and never got used to the rough ride. RAV4 seemed just as rough on the test drive. Considered the Santa Fe, but it didn't have the 'cool' look and features even though storage is a little better. Agree with others about bad cup holders, no room to access driver side recline lever, and limited storage. My gas mileage is about 17-18 mostly in town driving. Sunroof, fog lights, remote start and XM are fun to have, and the roomy back seat is great for adults. The wasted space btwn front seats is annoying and I wish I had more places to stuff things. My first black car and it has been great in California

Great Car
By Barb Harrington on 07/25/08 11:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. My first SUV and I never thought I would ever want one. I got it because many times I would buy something and not be able to get it home in my car. My 80lb dog rides nicely in the back area. Plenty of room for him to stretch. People with long legs can sit comfortably in the back seat. I haven't found anything I don't like about this car. Lots of great features included that are usually options on other cars. Would recommend this car!

More bang for the bucks
By zoomboom on 07/24/08 09:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Equinox, and I love it more that the first. The AWD is great for winters here. The gas mileage is good for a car this size, and one considered an SUV/crossover. I still can't believe how much 'stuff' and I can cram into it. Back seats are good for riding with my long legged sons. Only drawback is the 'blindspots' in the back corners and front also.

A lot for the money.
By Joe on 07/17/08 12:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a 2006 Equinox LT for 2008 LTZ. Wanted an SUV with GPS. This is the best deal on the market for features and upgrades included. Very comfortable ride. Gas mileage is acceptable.

Expectations exceeded
By Mike on 07/16/08 11:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We researched mid size sports utes extensively. This seemed the best combination of interior room, price, fule economy and towing capacity for our needs. Fuel economy has been a plesant suprise (23 mpg overall, 27+ highway). It tows our 2100 lb boat well. Seats are comfortable and roomy. It rides and handles well. We don't think you can beat it for the price.

Love it!
By C L Hendrix on 07/12/08 18:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Equinox (first was an '05.) I loved my first, but wanted a remote start plus some of the other new features. I'm getting 20.5mpg mixed driving, straight highway I get 29-30mpg. Remote start is great, as is the XM and OnStar. I miss the cargo shelf in my '05, but the space that's freed up is really nice. I don't care for the double cup holder in the front. If you pull up the emergency brake, you can't put a drink on the left side. Also, the air will not stay on the recirculate setting on certain vent settings, and reverts back to exterior air when you re-start the engine.

Wow... an SUV that's light on fuel
By midnight on 07/12/08 17:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven 1000 miles so far and I can't believe the fuel efficiency from this SUV! With good driving habits I am getting 18.5 in the city and 30 on the highway. I avoided purchasing an SUV because they are typically gas hogs. This has the perfect mix of MPG/HP/Torque. It's 3500lb towing capacity pulls my camper with ease. The ride is just right. Not squishy like a minivan, but not too truck like either. The steering is not real responsive and takes a few miles to get used to. Once you are accustomed to the feel, you will enjoy its light touch and accuracy. The spare tire is stored inside the SUV keeping it from weathering. The stereo is a bit flat, but acceptable for factory.

Year Round Sports Vehicle
By PhilemupWNY on 07/10/08 11:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I previously leased a 2006 Trailblazer and while I like'd the room, the fuel economy was bad and it handled slow. Being 28, I wanted a sports car, I wanted an SUV, I needed something smaller and I wanted AWD for the winter. The result was the Equinox Sport AWD and I couldn't be happier. Very fast, very comfortable, tons of room and a comfortable back seat, sporty, cool looking and a great premium stereo system (unlike the Bose from the TrailBlazer). Overall, I'm very happy and I couldn't of made a better choice that fit me year round in an environment that has extreme weather of the summer and winter.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.