2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews 3

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
I would buy another one
By lt9599 on 03/13/10 07:44 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I am very happy with my purchase. This vehicle drives well in the snow and rain. I love the AWD, and the wide wheel base. The chrome package makes it look cooler than the the standard LT models.

My Favorite Vehicle
By LoveMyEquinox on 03/01/10 07:41 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a gently used 2008 Chevy Equinox Sport last year. I searched long and hard to find a bad review about it, and could only find a few complaints about the location of the window controls and the cup holders. I LOVE my truck! It gets good gas mileage (~19-26 mpg). The engine is very responsive. Traction is great. Drives like a dream. People who occasionally borrow my vehicle cannot believe it is "Chevrolet". One commented how my Sport drives more like a Mercedes. It is roomy and comfy. I even fit a full-sized futon in it last year as I helped a friend move! It was difficult to locate a used Sport, but it was worth the wait. Plan to drive it for years.

Should be a lot better
By rjd on 12/20/09 06:44 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is terrible. Always had GM vehicles. This one is terrible. It slides in the rain, no one knows why. Never happened with my Blazer or Jimmy. Dealership has been a pain. Owed me more for truck trade won't give up $1000. GM said they would still waiting. I will never buy GM again. Hello Tokyo...

Equinox is a great value
By anachrophile on 12/19/09 00:20 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the last 2008 Equinox on the lot with side airbags (standard in 2009). No trade-in, but still paid only $19500 (>$28000 list--it is optioned almost to LTZ, but no leather or the "sophisticated" 3.6L motor). We've now had it 10 months and put on 10K mixed highway-city miles. Mileage: 17 in town & 25 on the road (you can do 1- 2 mpg better if careful). Absolutely NOTHING has gone wrong with this car and I cannot find even one manufacturing defect. Take that, Toyota and Honda! It is safe, comfortable, and quiet. Seats are a bit flat, especially the very spacious rear seats. But for $19K? Good deal!

Weatherstripping Failure
By glaasmar on 12/09/09 10:57 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We have had zero problems with this vehicle... until now. Wife noticed wet carpets, so I checked and ended up sucking over 8gal of water from spare well and back seat. Still soaked, and will need 3 days at dealer to remedy. As it is out of the base 36m/36k miles (42k) the dealer has us on the hook for almost $600 in repairs for the weatherstripping issue. That this is not being considered a recall for a design flaw (and a health hazard for mold, etc.) is ludicrous. We still love the vehicle, but this has (pardon the pun) put a damper on the enjoyment.

Water Water Everywhere
By familydad on 11/20/09 11:57 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car after left my previous job since it was my company car. 5000 miles later, I also had the 1st cylinder misfire which was a costly repair. This car has a design and/or engineering flaw because everytime it rains, the spare tire compartment fills with water. Once it gets too full or you have to brake hard, the water sloshed forward and continues to soak the back and front seat floors. I contacted Chevy and they are not initiating a recall for this known problem. Chevy is not reimbursing to get this leak fixed because they have no idea where all the water is coming from... It is very frustrating to have to empy the rear storage to use a vacuum everytime it rains...

Don't buy if you drive in snow
By Cnwave on 09/23/09 19:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have disliked this car since I had to drive it in snow the first week I owned. I thought it would be o.k. to buy a FWD instead of an AWD. I was wrong and so was my salesman. He didn't think I would have a problem. Obviously he didn't know what he was talking about. I won't buy another car from Superior Chevrolet. After making attempts to get some kind of resolution I was unsuccessful.

Leaky
By madmae200 on 09/14/09 16:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The car drives great and is pretty reliable. It rains in puddles on the back floor board and back where tire is stored. Nothing else in the car gets wet. I vacuumed a 1/2 gallon of water. The dealership has no idea where the water is coming from. Seats, headliners and inside interior are all dry.

It"s built CHEAP
By Cayman LT2(LTZ) on 09/06/09 06:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I find you get alot for your money but I've had my car only a year and 6 months and already had the left front and the right front axle changed along with a door handle that fell of an interior passenger visor. I also had to have my ac panel changed because of peeling and now I'm awaiting a passenger door lock controller and a front right head light. It makes me wonder how much I'm going to have to spend after the 2 YEAR warranty if I will have to bear these frequent visits to the garage without even being in an accident and owning a new car. I would suggest a different car. I'm think of the new Audi cross over Hyundia. By the way I hate the unsteady cup holders an cheap old fashion ac vents.

OH HOW I LOVE MY EQUINOX
By irret_49_nc on 06/24/09 19:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2007 kia, until I found the equinox. I was originally looking at a Pontiac torrent which is a sister to the equinox. I ended up buying the equinox. Its actually wider than the torrent and the front ends are different. We recently drove it to fla for a Cruise and it was a wonderful ride verses the kia. Only bad thing is the stupid plastic cup holders... And no where to lay your phone or smokes but I fixed that problem easily. I bought a small office wire basket at walmart and put it on the dash, now I have space to stash a lot. The radio is great but the speakers arent as good as I had in my kia... But overall I give this suv a 10!