2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Do they work or don't they.
By qianna275 on 01/06/11 18:23 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I used to love my car but once the airbags decided they didn't want to work anymore the love affair was over. The car has been in the shop three separate times and nobody can find the problem. The passenger airbag sensors don't recognize anyone in the car when I'm driving. No matter how much they weigh. I no longer feel safe driving this chunk of metal.

Great so far!
By jdeluca1 on 01/05/11 09:22 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I bought the Equinox LT2 AWD used with about 19k miles on it. Due to Chevrolet's hit or miss reliability, we purchased the additional full warranty through 75k miles coverage. Since we bought it, we have put a ton of highway miles on it and now has 78k miles on it. The entire time we have had it--no problems thus far. The only thing we have noticed was the paint bubbles from road debris which isn't covered. I was completely surprised to read all of the terrible reviews about the Equinox on this site. We have had NO water inside, no transmission problems, no engine misfiring or anything. It has been a great buy for us and we would recommend!

Serious issues with electrical.....
By Serious elec. issues on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Equinox in 08 and was very happy at first until I had serious issues 6 months after purchase. My Equinox kept bucking and went into the dealer to find out issue was the cylinder misfiring. This was fixed but 6 months later the lock on the drivers side would not work. This too was fixed. 2.5 months later the wipers would not work unless on high speed. Dealer fixed this issue. I was on the highway since I drive 50 miles to work and Equinox again started to buck. Again cylinder was misfiring. Dealer had to replace all wiring. Chevy tried to refuse stating it was due to me not keeping up with maintenance. Not true. I had to prove all the maintenance I had done. Not happy at all.

Love my 'Nox!
By Slinky on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first brand new car and I love it. Needed room for dogs and horse gear. Being 6' tall, this was the only SUV in it's class that I did not bump my head getting in and out, or loading either back seats or rear compartment. I looked at the Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4, BMW 5 and even the Element. This one won out on features. It has tons of room for gear, construction stuff or passengers. For the price, it is a great value. I live in the Northeast, and I can't spin this vehicle around corners!

Terrible vehicle GM at it's worst!
By bohinski41 on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle brand new in 2007 I've had it in the shop 5 times! I've replace spark plugs and plug wires two times in 2 yr period due to cylinder 3 misfire. I constantly have to change head lights. Transmission went out at 51,000 miles! I've had a wheel bearing go out my tire pressure sensor has went out two times. Ive replaced both axles 2 times a piece. And now after 2 weeks in shop for transmission replacement i have the thing home for an hr and go to get in it and my door handle breaks off and then while i'm driving down the rd my check engine light starts blinking while the thing is spitting and sputtering so once again cylinder misfire. Piece of junk I recommend not to buy!

Chevy Trucks
By Misa on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My Chevy was good to me the first year I purchased it. I have had major issues since right before the 36k warranty ran out. I have had hubs, axles, holes in muffler, window jam. broken sensors, electrical charges, drained batteries due to improper wiring. I am the only one of 7 siblings still driving American or at least north American (Canada included). My parents refused to buy Chevy from the 80's on. And this year I have the pleasure of looking at my whole family and relay how unreliable the Chevy is. Thanks

My Dealer Loves to Repair it - sigh
By Kerri on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This was my first new car. I loved this car until at 41,000 miles the transmission died. 2 trips on a tow truck and 2 more trips back to the dealer because Chevy would not replace Transmission insisted on rebuilding. Fast forward 10,000 miles and E PAP solenoid is out along with tire sensor and Torque converter. JOY! Dealer has parts on backorder but assures me its SAFE to drive. Wanna bet it will have another ride on a tow truck? Stay Tuned.

Decent SUV
By chrismacwpg on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall I am fairly happy with the car. I put a fair number of miles on the car in a year and for the most part I have been please. A lot of maintenance though that has been covered under warranty. Strut arm bushings (twice) two wheel bearings and now it is in for a new timing chain. Parts seem to be a pain as the dealership cannot locate some for the new chain replacement which has translated into a 2 week period it is in the shop.

Paint bubbling not covered by warranty
By mollyj on 05/13/10 14:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Really love the 2008 Equinox but on a trip this winter, the computer burned up and at that time we noticed three bubbles on the hood. When we returned home we pointed out the bubbles to our dealer and he said it was not covered under warranty. If warranty states bumper to bumper, doesn't that include paint.

problems
By jebnurse05 on 03/20/10 05:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Not quite 2 years old yet, problems with front door locks, yesterday problem with engine misfire on cylinder #1-- $143 to change a freaking spark plug and plug wire!! water in drivers side floorboard--don't know where that is coming from, haven't checked spare tire storage area--I will after reading the reviews--spilled drinks from cupholders onto window controls--now are hard to use--sticky--I traded in a Buick Rendezvous for this---I miss my Buick but not the electrical problems that I was having with it--am beginning to wonder if I went from bad to worse

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.