Used 2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Awesome ride.. Lots of compliments..
By Augie

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a fantastic vehicle. Right after thanksgiving I had new tires installed. It had performance tires great for speed but not for winters in the Midwest. I have not had any problems with this SUV. I have driven it for more than 11hrs straight just gasing up and bathroom breaks. No issues at all. Transmission shifts effotlessly, no heating up. I have nothing to say about this gem. I bought it with 65k and now have 122k. Regular oil changes a must . Every month I am driving to a different state . Milwaukee to Chicago. Then Kentucky, Virginia, Buffalo, Oklahoma and back to Chicago and Milwaukee. No problem. I really don't see what issues people have . Either I was blessed with a great vehicle and know how to maintain it. Or just some people don't know how to take care and just wreck great vehicles. Or even just like to complain when given the chance..

need a better transmission
By nick Brown

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had for a year now don't drive it every day and took a trip from Ohio to Tennessee and the transmission started to slip more and more. When I came back home it got even worse took it to AutoZone and ran it on computer and found out that the transmission speed sensor was causing the problem and trying to get this part is a big deal no one cares it even chevy dealers parts way to hard to find. But other than that the suv is great enjoy driving it when can.

My Biggest disapointment
By guss123abc

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I got this car for my wife, and she loved it for about 3 months. Got it new in 09 and have had nothing but issues. Understand a car that is on the road for 5 years should have some normal ware and tear. at 45K we had the privlige of buying a new transmission. Shortly after that timing chain. Sun roof drains keep pluging and when it rains comes inside car. Have had tire issues and TPMS issues and now Im sure spark plug issues. I made an appointment to see the dealer for stalling issues. I am getting to be real good friends with the service center operators. At 60 K now Im afraid to sell this to anyone. I dont want to pass on junk.

Heated seats.

Change transmission type and back the customer.

My Dealer Loves to Repair it - sigh
By Kerri

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This was my first new car. I loved this car until at 41,000 miles the transmission died. 2 trips on a tow truck and 2 more trips back to the dealer because Chevy would not replace Transmission insisted on rebuilding. Fast forward 10,000 miles and E PAP solenoid is out along with tire sensor and Torque converter. JOY! Dealer has parts on backorder but assures me its SAFE to drive. Wanna bet it will have another ride on a tow truck? Stay Tuned.

The Extended Warranty.

Destroy all and start over.

Decent SUV
By chrismacwpg

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall I am fairly happy with the car. I put a fair number of miles on the car in a year and for the most part I have been please. A lot of maintenance though that has been covered under warranty. Strut arm bushings (twice) two wheel bearings and now it is in for a new timing chain. Parts seem to be a pain as the dealership cannot locate some for the new chain replacement which has translated into a 2 week period it is in the shop.

I love the style of the SUV. Sporty and yet a clean look to it. The dual exhaust and updated front grille really make the car stand out.

Better engine with better gas mileage. Tires that don't cost $300 each to replace! Overall not a lot to change

• SUV