Used 2008 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

transmission and chiller blew in 3 months
By rugbymom

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

we bought used with 42K on car and first "chiller" went, 2 weeks in shop then transmission totally blew out, 3 weeks in shop. In both cases parts not available or stuck in Canada long delayed repairs. Both under warranty but what else is going to go? Don't buy the 2008, problems coming....will buy non American now, keep trying but reliability and repairs a repeat problem with American cars Chevy, GM in particular.

Favorite Features

drives nice when it's not in shop, good room and interior features

Suggested Improvements

transmission shouldn't blow before 200K, standard on most cars these days but according to accounts online this is a most frequent issue; would like to know if rebuild works or not

It"s built CHEAP
By Cayman LT2(LTZ)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I find you get alot for your money but I've had my car only a year and 6 months and already had the left front and the right front axle changed along with a door handle that fell of an interior passenger visor. I also had to have my ac panel changed because of peeling and now I'm awaiting a passenger door lock controller and a front right head light. It makes me wonder how much I'm going to have to spend after the 2 YEAR warranty if I will have to bear these frequent visits to the garage without even being in an accident and owning a new car. I would suggest a different car. I'm think of the new Audi cross over Hyundia. By the way I hate the unsteady cup holders an cheap old fashion ac vents.

Great car, all the options, smooth ride
By stuart

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the LTZ black metallic after lots of research. Had the Escape for 4 years and never got used to the rough ride. RAV4 seemed just as rough on the test drive. Considered the Santa Fe, but it didn't have the 'cool' look and features even though storage is a little better. Agree with others about bad cup holders, no room to access driver side recline lever, and limited storage. My gas mileage is about 17-18 mostly in town driving. Sunroof, fog lights, remote start and XM are fun to have, and the roomy back seat is great for adults. The wasted space btwn front seats is annoying and I wish I had more places to stuff things. My first black car and it has been great in California

Favorite Features

Remote start, black metallic paint, XM

Suggested Improvements

Better storage in front, better cup holders, rear hatch goes too high to reach for some

A lot for the money.
By Joe

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a 2006 Equinox LT for 2008 LTZ. Wanted an SUV with GPS. This is the best deal on the market for features and upgrades included. Very comfortable ride. Gas mileage is acceptable.

Favorite Features

GPS and OnStar hands free telephone. Also like the remote starter. Chrome door handles give the vehicle a rich look.

Suggested Improvements

Needs improvement on interior quality. Grab handles would be nice. More storage and better placement of cup holders. They interfer with hand brake. Automatic opener for rear hatch.

LTZ is a Great Package
By Luv da LTZ

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the LTZ New Year's Eve, and I am very pleased with this vehicle. I drive a lot of highway miles and average about 23 mpg, driving 65 mph. It drives smoothly, handles well, though turning radius isn't the tightest. With the back seat pulled all the way forward, there is plenty of cargo room, and with it all the way back, plenty of leg room. The Pioneer sound system w/subwoofer gives premium sound. I would suggest adding more storage compartments. The driver's visor extends, but the passenger's does not - kind of odd.

Favorite Features

Leather and power seats, steering wheel radio controls, 6 disc changer/XM and Pioneer sound system, heated seats, fuel economy (for an SUV)

Suggested Improvements

More storage compartments, passenger visor extension, ability to open rear glass seperately on lift gate, remote opener for lift gate