Used 2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT SUV Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

I love my car
By Shari

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I like everything about this car

Looked Great but total PIA
By kwhit1

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The Equinox drives good for the most part but has tons of issues. My biggest issue is the tire sensors are always going off. Had the sensor issue replaced 3 times under warranty in only a year. Warranty ran out and sensor now doesn't read pressure right. Also have a big issue with when you replace the brakes you have to replace the whole thing. It would be fine if it was rare but you have to do this every 40k miles approximately. At 70k you than get to replace the belts too. The headlights are impossible to replace on your own you have to find a dealer or a good mechanic to figure it out. Good thing my brake lights never went out because they look more difficult.. Wasn't worth the money!

Roomy, Decent Gas MPG for the size (23mpg), the "purse" spot between the seats, many cup holders

The Sensors, Brakes, placement of DC spots (make it difficult to charge phone and mp3 players)

Paint bubbling not covered by warranty
By mollyj

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Really love the 2008 Equinox but on a trip this winter, the computer burned up and at that time we noticed three bubbles on the hood. When we returned home we pointed out the bubbles to our dealer and he said it was not covered under warranty. If warranty states bumper to bumper, doesn't that include paint.

Leaky
By madmae200

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The car drives great and is pretty reliable. It rains in puddles on the back floor board and back where tire is stored. Nothing else in the car gets wet. I vacuumed a 1/2 gallon of water. The dealership has no idea where the water is coming from. Seats, headliners and inside interior are all dry.

Comfortable.

Find the darn leak. I'll have a molded vehicle pretty soon. Yuck!!

Love It
By dvilla57

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my Impala for the Equinox because we were going on a road trip and wanted more room. The Equinox has that. We traveled from Texas to Califoria and back without a hitch. Gas mileage is good. Lots of leg room. I like the sporty look of the Equinox even though it is not the sport model. The position of the windo controls took a little getting used to. All in all I would recommend this vehicle.

Leg room, radio controls on the steering wheel, message center

I am not crazy about the console in the middle with the one cup holder. When you put down the arm rest you cannot access anything in the console