2008 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
My Biggest disapointment
By guss123abc on 08/21/14 09:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I got this car for my wife, and she loved it for about 3 months. Got it new in 09 and have had nothing but issues. Understand a car that is on the road for 5 years should have some normal ware and tear. at 45K we had the privlige of buying a new transmission. Shortly after that timing chain. Sun roof drains keep pluging and when it rains comes inside car. Have had tire issues and TPMS issues and now Im sure spark plug issues. I made an appointment to see the dealer for stalling issues. I am getting to be real good friends with the service center operators. At 60 K now Im afraid to sell this to anyone. I dont want to pass on junk.

My Dealer Loves to Repair it - sigh
By Kerri on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This was my first new car. I loved this car until at 41,000 miles the transmission died. 2 trips on a tow truck and 2 more trips back to the dealer because Chevy would not replace Transmission insisted on rebuilding. Fast forward 10,000 miles and E PAP solenoid is out along with tire sensor and Torque converter. JOY! Dealer has parts on backorder but assures me its SAFE to drive. Wanna bet it will have another ride on a tow truck? Stay Tuned.

Decent SUV
By chrismacwpg on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall I am fairly happy with the car. I put a fair number of miles on the car in a year and for the most part I have been please. A lot of maintenance though that has been covered under warranty. Strut arm bushings (twice) two wheel bearings and now it is in for a new timing chain. Parts seem to be a pain as the dealership cannot locate some for the new chain replacement which has translated into a 2 week period it is in the shop.

My Favorite Vehicle
By LoveMyEquinox on 03/01/10 07:41 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a gently used 2008 Chevy Equinox Sport last year. I searched long and hard to find a bad review about it, and could only find a few complaints about the location of the window controls and the cup holders. I LOVE my truck! It gets good gas mileage (~19-26 mpg). The engine is very responsive. Traction is great. Drives like a dream. People who occasionally borrow my vehicle cannot believe it is "Chevrolet". One commented how my Sport drives more like a Mercedes. It is roomy and comfy. I even fit a full-sized futon in it last year as I helped a friend move! It was difficult to locate a used Sport, but it was worth the wait. Plan to drive it for years.

Safe and fun to drive
By EquinoxGuy on 04/21/09 06:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I took my pregnant wife (8 months)to the car show and we spent 4 hours trying out nearly every SUV and minivan made. Fortunately we both loved the Equinox with its style, safety rating, and overall flexibility. My wife could no longer fit into her Ford Escort and she absolutely loves the new Equinox. Our baby boy also seems to like it, spending long car rides sleeping in the rear seat. The cup holders are ok, and the window controls take a little getting used to (location). Overall it is a good value and a sensible car to start our family in.

I'm very optimistic though
By consider ur options on 01/20/09 08:47 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Well I traded in my 02 Envoy for the 08 Equinox sport, and by far I miss the smoothness of the ride the Envoy had. I had 150,000 miles on it and it still rode better. I like the Equinox, I don't love it. I do like the mpg better though. The turning radius is not good. Lots of blind spots! It's kind of a flimsy car. My buddy sat on the hood and it dented so easily, but I guess that is just how cars are built today. It handles very nice, but does not shift smooth at all. When I have the cruise control on it annoys me. It is good in the snow, but wish I would of got AWD. I love the remote start and the heated seats. I have the good stereo, but for some reason it does not get loud enough.

2008 Equinox Sport
By Bob 5035 on 04/28/08 18:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Owned the Sport version for 5 months now and love it! Very comfortable seating both front and rear, plenty of room all around. Sport version has a stiffer ride than other versions, but not too harsh, handling is top-notch. Terrific forward visability and very stable and quiet at highway speeds. If there is a better crossover SUV in this price range, I haven't seen it. Only low note, is that I wish fuel mileage was 2-3 mpg better - but who doesn't?

Pluses outweigh minuses
By Ed Yancey on 04/25/08 14:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Vehicle looks great. Sonama Red Metalic with silver pinstripes. Performance is outstanding and the vehicle gets a lot of looks and positive comments. Heated leather seats are a big plus. Love the Pioneer sound system and the sunroof. Did not really plan on getting the sport as looked at the lower end models, but glad purchased this model instead. Only problem so far was in-dash cd player. It would just quit playing discs at certain times. Once ignition switch was turned off for a few minutes the cd player would work again. Sometimes for a few hours, sometimes for just a few songs. Tried different discs and same problem. Dealership replaced the radio/cd player now works fine.

Happy with My Equinox
By Sandy Miller on 03/31/08 09:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have only had the vehicle one week and so far I am very happy with it. I am impressed with all the features it has for the amount of money it cost. I especially like the automatic start. I am a single woman, and this is a good feature for me. I also like the OnStar feature and hands free telephone. I drive to work every day, a 52 mile round-trip day, so far I am getting approx 21 MPG. I hope to get better as the car breaks in, of course this is a lot better, than what I was getting with my Chevy Avalanche. My friends are very impressed with the looks of the vehicle, inside and out. So far I think I made a good decision to buy an Equinox.

Equinox Sport
By Equi-Sport on 12/19/07 11:27 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the Equinox Sport just over a week ago and like it more and more. We traded an older Acura MDX for something that still had AWD, good power, and better fuel economy. All in all so far, the suspension on the AWD Sport is stiff, yet easily steerable, the motor has plenty of power for the average "Race-ready" father, and lots of interior room. I think the inside could be more refined, but we are used to forein cars. The console and sun visor's seems chincy, nice leather, ample leg room, like the gauges,and decent mpg if driven normally. We do 60 miles a day on the highway, and the mpg is averaging 22 right now. This is not a Lexus or Acura, but Chevy has done well and added options.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.