2008 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Amazing truck!
By bdude273 on 05/12/13 12:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

May be one of the greatest trucks ever built. The exterior is amazingly solid, with very strong metal. I feel very safe when driving around in it. The front seats are nice and supportive, although the back seats are a tad hard, but a 5 hour road trip would still be easy to get through. VERY powerful engine, although still more fuel efficient than my 2001 Dodge Caravan with the 3.3l V6. I am getting 13 litres/100KM CITY! 5L HIGHWAY! I have factory chrome which covers the door handles, grille, exhaust tip, and the trunk. I am 5'11, and when in the back, I have well over 5 inches of leg room, and that is with the passenger seat in my position, and with the rear seats pulled all the way back.

Bumping and jerking
By equinoxnono on 07/24/11 19:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I decide to check out the reviews on the Equinox after my wife purchased one this year. She's had what seems to be a common and on going problem with this truck. The jerking during acceleration. We have had several tune up(The dealer said that was the problem) to NO availe. Now it's more of a bigger problem than I ever thought. I decide to just ask an Equinox owner out of the blue. So I went to the local truck stop and wait for the 1st Equinox to arrive and it didn't take long. About 6 min later one pulled up and I asked the driver about any problems. Well guess what, they were having the same problem. So, I think this is a recall Item. But because the Equinox is one of there bests

Serious issues with electrical.....
By Serious elec. issues on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Equinox in 08 and was very happy at first until I had serious issues 6 months after purchase. My Equinox kept bucking and went into the dealer to find out issue was the cylinder misfiring. This was fixed but 6 months later the lock on the drivers side would not work. This too was fixed. 2.5 months later the wipers would not work unless on high speed. Dealer fixed this issue. I was on the highway since I drive 50 miles to work and Equinox again started to buck. Again cylinder was misfiring. Dealer had to replace all wiring. Chevy tried to refuse stating it was due to me not keeping up with maintenance. Not true. I had to prove all the maintenance I had done. Not happy at all.

Chevy Trucks
By Misa on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My Chevy was good to me the first year I purchased it. I have had major issues since right before the 36k warranty ran out. I have had hubs, axles, holes in muffler, window jam. broken sensors, electrical charges, drained batteries due to improper wiring. I am the only one of 7 siblings still driving American or at least north American (Canada included). My parents refused to buy Chevy from the 80's on. And this year I have the pleasure of looking at my whole family and relay how unreliable the Chevy is. Thanks

problems
By jebnurse05 on 03/20/10 05:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Not quite 2 years old yet, problems with front door locks, yesterday problem with engine misfire on cylinder #1-- $143 to change a freaking spark plug and plug wire!! water in drivers side floorboard--don't know where that is coming from, haven't checked spare tire storage area--I will after reading the reviews--spilled drinks from cupholders onto window controls--now are hard to use--sticky--I traded in a Buick Rendezvous for this---I miss my Buick but not the electrical problems that I was having with it--am beginning to wonder if I went from bad to worse

Don't buy if you drive in snow
By Cnwave on 09/23/09 19:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have disliked this car since I had to drive it in snow the first week I owned. I thought it would be o.k. to buy a FWD instead of an AWD. I was wrong and so was my salesman. He didn't think I would have a problem. Obviously he didn't know what he was talking about. I won't buy another car from Superior Chevrolet. After making attempts to get some kind of resolution I was unsuccessful.

Even I was surprised!
By pmm texas on 05/02/09 10:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I was skeptical of the reviews of the Equinox from this website. I debated between the Trailblazer and Equinox, but under pressure to trade my very undesirable Honda CRV, I took the plunge and bought the Equinox. I've had it now for 16 months and 22k miles. This car beats the CRV hands down. It is much more comfortable, has more power, has a smoother ride, roomier, much quieter, and the gas mileage is actually comparable. Glad I traded the CRV and didn't get the Trailblazer. Problems: I've had to replace two batteries and the radio (all under warranty). I don't know why the batteries are being discharged prematurely.

So in love
By shelli bell on 02/07/09 10:07 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV is definitely the best purchase for a family in our opinion. The Equinox has more than enough power, and for tall or bigger person is is ideal. After much researching for almost a year, this car is extremely safe and puts the mind at ease with safety. We have a big truck, and didn't want to sacrifice room and power for great gas mileage of a car. Although I wish I had gone with the LS, this is my only regret. This base model has more than enough gadgets and the OnStar is wonderful. I work night shift and live in the country, and after a serious accident about a year ago I am so comfortable driving in the snowy conditions on back roads. With only the FWD, I have never had a problem!

Problematic!
By J Powers on 01/12/09 10:06 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Within days of purchase realized the motor was too loud. Dealership said that was normal only to rescind that point of view a week later when we took a stand that it was unacceptable. Vehicle in the shop more than 2 weeks while they tore the motor down and discovered a bent connector rod. All fixed up at no additional cost to us, but not very impressed with a rebuild on my new vehicle. Recent problems include the inside windows actually frosting up and staying covered in ice despite the blowers going full tilt....again dealership indicated this is a problem with these types of vehicles. Wonderful news. To top it off, this morning the thing wouldn't start! Towed to the dealership again.

It serves its purpose
By silver equinox on 11/06/08 20:05 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I first got this car because I liked the way it looked, and it was the only SUV out there at the time that was roomy but didn't feel like you were driving an 18 wheeler. The price was great too compared to the other SUVs of similar size that were available. I have not had a problem with it and I especially loved the free for 1 year OnStar service it came with. Although they skimped out on the turn-by-turn direction service. You can only ask for directions 1 time. After that you have to pay for it...go figure. I also like that you could adjust the rear seat to move further back for more leg room.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.