Used 2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Great Family Vehicle
By Bucko

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned the Equinox for 6 months now and all in all is a great value. We purchased an '07 1LT with the 17" chrome wheels, which make it look great. I like the sporty look, ride and handling, but, im not that impressed with the gas mileage, I get the same mileage with a 2000 grand cherokee as this. I also hate the recessed windshield, it is a pain in the rear to brush snow off, my hood is scratched and chipped after one winter.

Favorite Features

Sporty look, comfort, overall value, radio with multiband memory presets. Very roomy back seat

Suggested Improvements

Heated mirrors and fog lamps standard on LT, better design on windshield (make it even with the A pillar).

Great Car
By Stace

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Okay, so let's start off by saying I owned a 2002 Dodge Neon before this, yuck! It was my boyfriend's he loved it but wanted bigger so I got a hand me down this cars a year old with a little over 13,000 miles on it! I love it drives smooth runs great looks great and is better on gas then my Neon was. My sister owns one and she loves it. My boyfriends co worker has one loves it. If your looking for a spacious reliable SUV this is it! Excellent buy. It's worth every penny I bought it for!

Favorite Features

It has a how many miles to empty feature on it. Love that also love the tire pressure monitoring system. Radio controls on steering wheel means never having to take your hands of the wheel when you drive. Love it.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of any improvments for this vehicle, its basically perfect in my eyes

Very Good Vehicle
By Love my CHEVY

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I had to get a new car when my old one got totaled. I knew I wanted a SUV but i didn't know what. I found my car I took it on 2 test drives, and I fell in love with it. I love how high it sits up im short so that makes a big difference. When it's time to get another vehice it will definitely be looking for another Equinox. I also like how well priced they are!

Favorite Features

I really like the look of the exterior. It still has a sporty look to it. I really like how it will tell you your tire pressure and when you need an oil change. The leg room in the back is very good. But my favorite thing is how it tells you how many miles to empty!

Suggested Improvements

The blinker is so annoying! It is way too loud! And I would improve the gas mileage but other than that no complaints.

Best crossover out there
By texaspony

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This is a totally under-rated and ignored crossover. Easily the best vehicle I have ever owned. Versatility unmatched by any other competing small SUV. The Edmunds review of the Equinox is more favorable than most. The highest praise I can give is that very soon our '07 LT will be joined in the garage by an '08 Sport.

Favorite Features

MPG is fantastic. 23-24 around, with 26 attainable on long highway trips, including 3 adults and a dog on a holiday trip to Las Vegas. Absolute comfortable seating and easy to use controls. The OnStar, a feature not available on any competition is worth every penny. Pioneer sound system is great!

Suggested Improvements

Chevy needs to advertise the Equinox like crazy. I can't recall ever seeing a TV ad for it. The only improvement I can recommend would be the addition of grab handles for passengers.

Overall a very good vehicle
By Mark NJ

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We were forced to purchase a new car after the Jeep dealer ruined our 05 Jeep Liberty. We really did not want to be in the market for a car and yet here we were. We began my search in the beginning of September and wanted to get a year end deal on a 2007 model. After reviewing a number of models, we settled on the Pontiac Torrent. Although, this was the first choice, we gravitated to the Equinox as we could not find a Torrent with the equipment desired. However, if we could have assembled the car ourselves we would have put the Torrent front on the Equinox rear. Since purchased we put on about 4,400 trouble free miles. We have not had to take the car back for any adjustments or correc

Favorite Features

5 speed automatic, ride, mileage, interior, general quality feel, fit and finish, radio/navigation, heated seats, sun roof, roominess, handling, brakes, and competence the car gives the driver, back seat leg room, integrated roof rack, with the exception of the front, the profile and rear styling.

Suggested Improvements

Horn, flimsy visors/unlit mirrors, 4 blind spots, no locking glove box, key fob without a hatch release, 1 speed rear wiper, outside mirrors no defrost feature, layout center console, some interior plastics, no hood insulation pad, power window button location, no coat hooks, slow rear defroster, front pillars