Used 2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Still Not Sold
By TRARAR

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Equinox brand new with 0 miles in Feb 07- coming up on 2 yrs of owning it I still have mixed feelings. It handles horribly in the snow, even with the AWD feature. Its been extremely reliable other than 2 factory recalls (winshield & airbag) the stereo isnt that great, buttons are breaking off, engine knocks even w/ regular oil changes. It has a hard time getting up steep country hills. Very sleek vehicle. Its black. Decent gas milage. Needs a bigger trunk and the hatch is heavy and slow to open. Its ok for now but I'm already looking at buying something else for winter. Its good for summer driving. I wouldnt purchase another. I think its too costly for the quality of it.

Automatic door locks when put in drive, good gas mileage, automatic head lights, roomy front and back seat

Stereo is kind of whimpy, more power for going uphill, if Chevy came out with a 4x4 version I might consider another

Pretty good vehicle
By toolmanmarv

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I am well satisfied with my Equinox having owned it for over a year. Have had no mechanical problems yet. Very comfortable and good on long road trips. Gas mileage good on highway-not so good around town. 17 inch Bridgestone tires will hydroplane in a heartbeat in heavy rain. Scary! Interior planning could be better. Rear seat doesn't fold flat and front cupholder interferes with hand brake. Rear cargo curtain is a joke. Don't waste your money buying it. Decent vehicle so far, but still not the quality of my 2000 Volvo. Detroit still can't get it right.

Nothing really exceptional about this vehicle.

Flat cargo area. Better location for front cupholders. Built-in cargo security curtain like the one on the 2001 era Blazer. Different tires.

Happy with my ride
By blackie

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle for the money. Ours is fully loaded and we love it. Lots of room and good mileage.

Love the nav system and the XM radio. Comfortable to ride in. Lots of head room and rear seat space. Handles well in the rain.

This truck is roomy in the inside
By KEIA BOST

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

May 2008 has just been a year from the purchase of my truck. It is great! Very roomy in the inside and a lot of lerg room in the back seat. Lots of cargo space. It doesn't seem that big from the outside but when you get in, it's big. It was enough room for a third row in the back. I love my truck and thank God he blessed me with it and it was brand new with 0 miles when I purchased it. It's just a gas guzzler to me.

I like how you can roll your windows down in the middle of the truck where your gears are at. The space the truck has

I think the air doesn't get that cold. Maybe I need some anti-freeze

My husband goes a lot
By amanda

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This car has really give us the room and quality he says you can only expect in a Chevy. Leg room in the back seat is excellent. He's an insurance claims adjuster and the cargo area has on the space he will need for the mounds of paperwork and file systems he has. And vacations are easy to load up for in this car. I guess you can tell my favorite feature is the room.

The room in the car, miles to empty, tire pressure gauge, oil monitoring system. and the price are a few of mine. He says the maneuverability, the get up and go, and many more

The back tail gate is a little slow to lift, the windshield wipers on slow don't work half the time, and he says he wished they come with a third row. Back seat would make it perfect

• SUV