Used 2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Great ride
By birdlady

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle used. I have had the vehicle a week and it is great. I read everything I could before purchasing. This is the most confortable ride I have ever been in, it is fun to drive. In the week since I got it we have had almost 9 inches of snow. It handles great! I highly recommend this vehicle. I can't say enough.

Roomy confortable ride. The console for all controls is in a perfect level for me.

So far I can't find any

An American Option
By yellowroseoftexas

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

It took some getting used to but the car is very comfortable, performs as well as to be expected for an SUV. Braking is not as tight at my previous car and the air conditioning is not as cold. I like being able to sit high. The radio XM is great sound and the memory is a definite highlight. But the most impressive is the reminders of fuel and oil changes(super).

Rear leg room and movable rear seat, seating capacity, automatic starting engine, automatic locks when shifting to drive

Locked glove box, lighted vanity mirrors, better placed cup holders for the front, and outlets for adapters.

I was pleasantly surprised
By Art

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I've owner over 30 cars and don't give praises lightly, however, I have been very happy with this vehicle. I traded in an '05 Trailblazer because it was woefully underpowered, but have been extremely pleased by the pep in my Equinox. The 6 cyl. is more than enough power. When I park next to the Lexus Crossover, I have trouble telling them apart and cannot for the life of me imagine what features I am missing for an additional $20k. My Equinox is fully loaded and with the OnStar GPS system, the vehicle has everything I could need. It drives great on the highway where I average over 24 MPG, and get around 22 MPG around town. I strongly recommend it to anyone who asks.

Definitely the heated seats! Also the sunroof, and the GPS is very user friendly.

The back seat should lay down for a flat storage area. The window controls should be moved to do door, very inconvenient. Biggest complaint is lack of storage space. I bought a Chevrolet storage bag for under the armrest and it doesn't fit! I can't use it and the cup holders.

Who say GM can't build a nice car?
By Ryan

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been problem free for the last 22 months I have owned it. For the price I think there is no better riding small to mid-sized SUV on the market. Iíve had gas mileage up to 26 on a mixed driving. Quiet and smooth ride. The AWD works well on snow and ice. It is well worth the 28k I paid. Only complaint is no overhead grab bars. For those who think GM canít make a car, please go out and drive one.

Remote starter and stereo are nice. Gas mileage is good for an SUV.

When remotely started cannot engage the heated seats. Heated rear seats and overhead handles would be nice.

Still Not Sold
By TRARAR

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Equinox brand new with 0 miles in Feb 07- coming up on 2 yrs of owning it I still have mixed feelings. It handles horribly in the snow, even with the AWD feature. Its been extremely reliable other than 2 factory recalls (winshield & airbag) the stereo isnt that great, buttons are breaking off, engine knocks even w/ regular oil changes. It has a hard time getting up steep country hills. Very sleek vehicle. Its black. Decent gas milage. Needs a bigger trunk and the hatch is heavy and slow to open. Its ok for now but I'm already looking at buying something else for winter. Its good for summer driving. I wouldnt purchase another. I think its too costly for the quality of it.

Automatic door locks when put in drive, good gas mileage, automatic head lights, roomy front and back seat

Stereo is kind of whimpy, more power for going uphill, if Chevy came out with a 4x4 version I might consider another