2007 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Excellent Equinox
By jstow on 06/09/07 07:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The Chevy Equinox has been a dream come true for our family. The interior roominess of this compact SUV was the major selling point for us. We love the ride of this vehicle too.

Great Chevrolet SUV
By Trailways on 05/21/07 17:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Well I purchased this vehicle for my Mother for a Mother's Day gift. My Mother wanted this vehicle since 2005. However the 2007 model was the best to buy yet. The StabiliTrak¬ô is standard on the 2007 model which is great for handling the vehicle on highway ramps and other tight turns. My Mother has said that it drives very smoothly and has great handling with the StabiliTrak¬ô feature. However my Mother has complained about the wide turns and the location of the hand brake. Otherwise it's a great investment.

Very good vehicle for the money
By Brad on 05/20/07 22:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I am a first time SUV owner. I test drove the Toyota Rav4, Ford Escape and Honda CVR. This was the most car for the money. Lots of safety features and the driver's information center is very useful. Have had lots of compliments on the style of this vehicle. I would recommend it without hesitation.

Horrible
By altalbor on 04/28/07 08:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Equinox just two months ago. I have a horrible experience with it so far. Just after two months (3000km) loud noise appeared in drive side front wheel bearing. It's high pitched humming noise, very loud and unbearable after just cuple minutes of driving. Even more frustrating was dealing with GM warranty service. They did't have bearing assembly to replace, it had to be ordered and I'm still awaiting for it (3 weeks passed already). GM doesn't provide replacement car and I have to drive Equinox with faulty bearing. It is become a torture - noise getting more and more unbearable. I had to cancel my travel plans, limit my driving to minimum. Fuel consumption is very high - horrible

Good SUV
By Tom50 on 04/27/07 05:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in a 2004 Nissan Xterra for the 2007 Equinox. The Equinox has much more interior room both in the front and rear seat and being over 6 foot tall I was surprised by the rear seat leg room. The ride is smooth and comfortable and compares favorably to my Nissan Altima. The gas mileage has been as advertised. It has so much more get up and go compared to the Xterra.

Great SUV
By Galantguy2k on 04/17/07 08:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV shouldn't be in a class with the Ford Escape and smaller SUVs. It's remarkably spacious, it looks great, and there's so many options you can get. I got the base model, added great leather, dark tint, remote start, bluetooth, and rims. I liked it this way so I would only pay for what I wanted. First ever SUV and I'm loving it.

Good SUV with plenty of room
By ERNIET on 04/15/07 06:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this vehicle after test driving the Saturn Vue. It has more interior space and looks better. This SUV rides excellent, as we just got back from a trip from SC to Florida, where we got 25 mpg on the highway and are getting about 21.5 combined. This car handles very well and my wife loves it.

Nice SUV!
By dom9 on 03/21/07 21:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV is fun to drive. Came out of a Ford Escape XLT 3.0 liter lease and was looking at another one when we test drove the Equinox to the Ford Dealer. My wife drives this 99% of the time. She fell in love with this SUV. Did a ton of research on the Equinox and got great feedback from others who have them. Saved some money by going with front wheel drive only as I was told it is good in the snow and has been in one snow storm and one ice storm. I drove it for about 2.5 hours before purchase and liked the ride and less interior road noise then the Escape. One bad note wife said brakes felt weird. Took it to dealer and rotors needed to be replaced along with new transmitter fobs.

Nice ride.
By karch03 on 02/27/07 07:58 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I like the Chevy Equinox. We looked for a croosover for a few months. We came close to purchasing a Jeep Compass but a friend who had purchased a 2006 Equinox turned me on to the idea of purchasing one. I am glad we got the Equinox since it sits 4 inches higher than a Compass. If you are looking for an American made crossover then this is one to get. It has a smooth ride with lots of power. I recommend the LT over the LS as GM put a lot of plastic into the interior. But plastic is easy to clean and cheap to replace.

Great SUV!
By Lisa on 02/21/07 07:49 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The Equinox is a fun, fuel efficient SUV. Not only does it look great, it handles well in bad weather and it has a nice weight to it. The power window switches are in the center console, which would be the only design I would change. Overall, it is a great value and I would recommend it to anyone purchasing an SUV for the first time.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.