2007 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews 4

2007 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
An American Option
By yellowroseoftexas on 01/01/09 20:34 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

It took some getting used to but the car is very comfortable, performs as well as to be expected for an SUV. Braking is not as tight at my previous car and the air conditioning is not as cold. I like being able to sit high. The radio XM is great sound and the memory is a definite highlight. But the most impressive is the reminders of fuel and oil changes(super).

I was pleasantly surprised
By Art on 12/30/08 13:09 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I've owner over 30 cars and don't give praises lightly, however, I have been very happy with this vehicle. I traded in an '05 Trailblazer because it was woefully underpowered, but have been extremely pleased by the pep in my Equinox. The 6 cyl. is more than enough power. When I park next to the Lexus Crossover, I have trouble telling them apart and cannot for the life of me imagine what features I am missing for an additional $20k. My Equinox is fully loaded and with the OnStar GPS system, the vehicle has everything I could need. It drives great on the highway where I average over 24 MPG, and get around 22 MPG around town. I strongly recommend it to anyone who asks.

Who say GM can't build a nice car?
By Ryan on 12/22/08 12:50 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been problem free for the last 22 months I have owned it. For the price I think there is no better riding small to mid-sized SUV on the market. Iíve had gas mileage up to 26 on a mixed driving. Quiet and smooth ride. The AWD works well on snow and ice. It is well worth the 28k I paid. Only complaint is no overhead grab bars. For those who think GM canít make a car, please go out and drive one.

Still Not Sold
By TRARAR on 12/08/08 18:34 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Equinox brand new with 0 miles in Feb 07- coming up on 2 yrs of owning it I still have mixed feelings. It handles horribly in the snow, even with the AWD feature. Its been extremely reliable other than 2 factory recalls (winshield & airbag) the stereo isnt that great, buttons are breaking off, engine knocks even w/ regular oil changes. It has a hard time getting up steep country hills. Very sleek vehicle. Its black. Decent gas milage. Needs a bigger trunk and the hatch is heavy and slow to open. Its ok for now but I'm already looking at buying something else for winter. Its good for summer driving. I wouldnt purchase another. I think its too costly for the quality of it.

Pretty good vehicle
By toolmanmarv on 12/04/08 21:17 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I am well satisfied with my Equinox having owned it for over a year. Have had no mechanical problems yet. Very comfortable and good on long road trips. Gas mileage good on highway-not so good around town. 17 inch Bridgestone tires will hydroplane in a heartbeat in heavy rain. Scary! Interior planning could be better. Rear seat doesn't fold flat and front cupholder interferes with hand brake. Rear cargo curtain is a joke. Don't waste your money buying it. Decent vehicle so far, but still not the quality of my 2000 Volvo. Detroit still can't get it right.

Happy with my ride
By blackie on 07/31/08 11:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle for the money. Ours is fully loaded and we love it. Lots of room and good mileage.

This truck is roomy in the inside
By KEIA BOST on 07/10/08 05:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

May 2008 has just been a year from the purchase of my truck. It is great! Very roomy in the inside and a lot of lerg room in the back seat. Lots of cargo space. It doesn't seem that big from the outside but when you get in, it's big. It was enough room for a third row in the back. I love my truck and thank God he blessed me with it and it was brand new with 0 miles when I purchased it. It's just a gas guzzler to me.

My husband goes a lot
By amanda on 07/06/08 09:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This car has really give us the room and quality he says you can only expect in a Chevy. Leg room in the back seat is excellent. He's an insurance claims adjuster and the cargo area has on the space he will need for the mounds of paperwork and file systems he has. And vacations are easy to load up for in this car. I guess you can tell my favorite feature is the room.

Good to Go
By stargazer on 07/03/08 15:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car when changing positions to sales from engineering. I work for a company that builds light-weight campers and I needed something that would pull up to 3500#. The Equinox does a great job and my gas mileage is very impressive. It is a great looking vehicle with somewhat futuristic looks and it compliments the unusual campers we build. Without having any trailering experience to speak of, I have successfully navigated over 10,000 miles with ease. On one of my trips I left 11:30 at night in a storm with 2" of snow already on the ground while towing a 1600# camper. The traction control was awesome even through the winding mountainous back roads of Western Pennsylvania.

Great Family Vehicle
By Bucko on 04/20/08 09:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned the Equinox for 6 months now and all in all is a great value. We purchased an '07 1LT with the 17" chrome wheels, which make it look great. I like the sporty look, ride and handling, but, im not that impressed with the gas mileage, I get the same mileage with a 2000 grand cherokee as this. I also hate the recessed windshield, it is a pain in the rear to brush snow off, my hood is scratched and chipped after one winter.