Used 2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

The Best I have Experienced in Years
By Terry

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Equinox with only 8 miles on it and as of right now there is 82,000+ and every mile has been ridden in comfort and, and I feel style. I keep my Equinox car room shiny, which isn't hard with the beautiful blue metallic paint job. I have traveled from daily back and forth to work (about 30 miles) to 4200 miles without a break and have never (emphasized) had a serious problem. Gas mileage has averaged 18.7 MPG, not the greatest, but other features allows me to overlook it. I set the cruise at the going speed, the surround sound with the MP3 connection, I use for movies for the kids, and off we go. The inside room is great. Full grown me can sit relaxed in the back with front back.

Inside room, spacious, extremely comfortable for a family of four. MP3 connection to get surround sound for movies. Only maintenance has been basic wear and tear maintenance...oil changes, tires & rotations, have not had anything in the engine touched yet. Brakes are still going strong at 80,000.

Turn signal lock has had to be replaced and still doesn't turn off the indicator every time (minor). Stabilizer Track light comes on periodically for no apparent reason (minor). Chrome Paint cover on center item with Chevrolet emblem is coming off, began bubbling two months ago. Not worried, minor.

Can't wait to get rid of it
By Beve

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the car new. mirror covers over visors are cheap, they have broken twice and passenger side is rarely used. Have had issues with stabilitrack over and over, had issue with fuel line ($600), air conditioner has been the biggest issue. I live in Texas and when it is 100 degrees outside, A/C is vital. cup holders are cheap, the leather on the seats feels like vinyl. Had to replace battery after 2 yrs 11 months. WTH? I am not happy and am looking for a replacement. Unfortunately I am upside down on the price. :(

Color and exterior, very eye pleasing

proactive service on recurring issues

Good gone bad
By alexis green

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I just got my car about 4 months ago, it was riding good, had no problem until now. My brake light kept coming on. So I took it to the shop to find out that my brake fluid was leaking into my master cylinder and they didn't know why. So now my car in the shop goin on 3 weeks waiting on a part to come in. It's a good car don't get me wrong but if any light starts to come on go get it check out.

Overall, a good car
By Gary

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My wife loves this car! It has been a good car up to now. Good mileage on the highway and easy to handle.

The compliments we hear from our friends about our Equinox.

Hard to see around the side posts. Noisy tires. Cheap cup holders.

A diamond in the rough
By stuart

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I've had a lot of SUVs before but my 2007 Equinox is by far the best I've owned. My mileage is quite good on the highway around 27-28 mpg. On a long trip I took, on a level road, with Cruise Control on 60, I was averaging 30 MPG. The ride is comfortable, smooth and effortless to drive. The AWD is awesome in Snow, especially going up hills. Brakes are superb and quiet. The best feature is the back seat that is adjustable and has a flat floor (no hump). I have my own business and transport a lot of boxes. Out of all my previous SUVs this one hold the most.

The AWD and seamless driving from dry to wet to snow. The rear flat floor (no hump) and the comfortable seats that have premium cloth and easy to clean. The gas consumption that was a big plus.

The 2010 model is my next purchase. They really improved on a sleeping giant.

• SUV