Used 2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Can't wait to get rid of it
By Beve

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the car new. mirror covers over visors are cheap, they have broken twice and passenger side is rarely used. Have had issues with stabilitrack over and over, had issue with fuel line ($600), air conditioner has been the biggest issue. I live in Texas and when it is 100 degrees outside, A/C is vital. cup holders are cheap, the leather on the seats feels like vinyl. Had to replace battery after 2 yrs 11 months. WTH? I am not happy and am looking for a replacement. Unfortunately I am upside down on the price. :(

Color and exterior, very eye pleasing

proactive service on recurring issues

Good gone bad
By alexis green

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I just got my car about 4 months ago, it was riding good, had no problem until now. My brake light kept coming on. So I took it to the shop to find out that my brake fluid was leaking into my master cylinder and they didn't know why. So now my car in the shop goin on 3 weeks waiting on a part to come in. It's a good car don't get me wrong but if any light starts to come on go get it check out.

Overall, a good car
By Gary

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My wife loves this car! It has been a good car up to now. Good mileage on the highway and easy to handle.

The compliments we hear from our friends about our Equinox.

Hard to see around the side posts. Noisy tires. Cheap cup holders.

A diamond in the rough
By stuart

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I've had a lot of SUVs before but my 2007 Equinox is by far the best I've owned. My mileage is quite good on the highway around 27-28 mpg. On a long trip I took, on a level road, with Cruise Control on 60, I was averaging 30 MPG. The ride is comfortable, smooth and effortless to drive. The AWD is awesome in Snow, especially going up hills. Brakes are superb and quiet. The best feature is the back seat that is adjustable and has a flat floor (no hump). I have my own business and transport a lot of boxes. Out of all my previous SUVs this one hold the most.

The AWD and seamless driving from dry to wet to snow. The rear flat floor (no hump) and the comfortable seats that have premium cloth and easy to clean. The gas consumption that was a big plus.

The 2010 model is my next purchase. They really improved on a sleeping giant.

2007 Chevy Equinox LT
By DHS

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle used 6 months ago, have had no problems at all so far. The sliding rear seat is a brilliant idea that is very useful. Rear seat room is excellent. The center console mounted window switches struck me as odd at first, but I have come to love them, they offer very easy and visible access. Performance is acceptable, fuel mileage is better than I expected. My only complaints are that the transmission seems unsure of which gear to use, (5th or overdrive) and hunts between 40 and 50 mph, the sunroof whistles above 60 or so, and the front seat cushions seem a bit short. However, these issues do not negatively affect my appreciation for this vehicle.

Sliding rear seat, great sound system with mp3 and aux. input, good fuel mileage, looks good, lots of space, comfortable on the interstate, driver information system, individual tire pressure monitors.

Hunting transmission is annoying, so is the whistle from the sunroof. Front seat cushions too short, but otherwise comfortable.