2007 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Not Impressed at all!!!
By Lindsay on 08/19/09 10:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car when i was pregnant. The headrest is a vision blocker when trying to look in the blind spots(the tiny windows in the back) The seats are now as hard as bleachers think it's causing my back problems. The plastic dash board and steering wheel are So hard to clean. Not to mention that the trim around the shifter is a huge chrome piece that of course the sun hits and blinds you while you are driving. This could cause an accident. Bought brand new in '07' still haven't reached the gas mileage that it's supposed to be getting and i do a lot of highway driving, when bought it got 16MPGs, now only at 18.3MPGs. HHMM! Sound system?? WHAT HAPPENED!!!

Impressed with Equinox!
By cbvazquez on 07/30/09 17:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a small SUV for quite awhile. I had my mind set on a Mitsubishi Outlander but during my test drives, I tried a 2006 Equinox and was impressed with the handling. I disliked the interior of the 2006, so I tried the 2007. I was impressed with the interior upgrades (new for that year) and the $ was right! The cabin is extremely quiet, the engine (3.4 V6) is adequate for size of the vehicle. The steering does feel somewhat numb-it wasn't a deal breaker for me. The back seat is VERY roomy and slides back & forth - convenient for parents with little ones or if you need additional cargo room without putting the seats down. I feel I got alot for my $ - so far!

Hope it floats
By dachismom on 07/20/09 21:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car after driving a Focus for 9 years. I had it for 5 days and then it rained. I thought I WAS IN A BATHTUB. It has been at the dealer for over a week waiting for parts to come in. I think I know why I got such a good deal. Hopefully it floats.....

So far, so good
By Guardfamily on 07/07/09 08:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We bought it because our family was growing and we needed a little extra room for the family car. We've been really pleased with how well its done so far. We recently took a roadtrip to the mountains and I averaged 28 MPG with the AC on. Usually I get 21-22 in the city. Just a few downsides. So far, we are pleased with the purchase.

Great car
By George Palm on 05/28/09 15:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The Equinox fits my lifestyle perfectly right now. It's very easy to drive and park. It has plenty of room for people or gear. Tows my boat or trailer. Has great traction with the AWD. I love it.

Doesn't start x5
By Snix on 03/25/09 20:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have to admit, this is a nice looking vehicle but UNRELIABLE. This is my daughter's car and there have been 5+ times the vehicle would not start. The key would even get stuck in the ignition. Unfortunately, recently, we have found out this is not uncommon. Our dealership service dept is great but can't find out what the problem is, although they have done some repairs. Also headlight has blown twice. Definitely a cheap feeling vehicle to match the price, does accelerate well. I have had 3 trailblazers and there is no comparison. Would not downgrade that far. The ride is comparable to the Ford Escort. The equinox is a disposable vehicle. Come on Chevy, you gotta beef it up.

Luvin it
By Kenda on 03/24/09 13:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the LT3 design with all the bells and whistles. Traded a blazer for it. This vehicle is the most comfortable car Ive ever driven. Very spacious. You minivan mom's out there should consider the Equinox. The remote start is the bomb. Not to mention the On Star hands free mobile phone feature. A definite recommendation for those looking to buy.

Great Car for the Money
By Janet on 02/21/09 13:49 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle 1 year ago and it has been great! I drove 4200 mile this winter on a road trip and got great mileage (22.5 overall), had more than enough room for all my luggage, Christmas gifts and a chair that I delivered along the way! Very comfortable ride and it fits my husband with room to spare. Minor issue with climate control system, fixed by dealer.

Great ride
By birdlady on 01/19/09 19:49 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle used. I have had the vehicle a week and it is great. I read everything I could before purchasing. This is the most confortable ride I have ever been in, it is fun to drive. In the week since I got it we have had almost 9 inches of snow. It handles great! I highly recommend this vehicle. I can't say enough.

An American Option
By yellowroseoftexas on 01/01/09 20:34 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

It took some getting used to but the car is very comfortable, performs as well as to be expected for an SUV. Braking is not as tight at my previous car and the air conditioning is not as cold. I like being able to sit high. The radio XM is great sound and the memory is a definite highlight. But the most impressive is the reminders of fuel and oil changes(super).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.