Used 2007 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Not too happy
By Christy

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Equinox brand new in Feb 2007; within few months of having it the mirror covers in sun visors broke off on both sides. Chrome around gear shift is like a mirror to the sun & blinds you! Now my breaks grab really hard when I'm slowing down, anything below 20 mph & they starts grabbing really hard as if my breaks are bad. AC doesn't really push out cold like it could at times. Recently went to get a transmission flush & was told by 3 different 'quick oil change' places that they couldn't do it on my car since it's a sealed transmission, so now I'm gonna have to pay much more $ to go to a dealership for the transmission flush. Wishing I had bought a different SUV!

Roomy, great for travel. Great look

Get rid of chrome on gear shift, use better parts for interior such as mirror covers! Something up with breaks, saw other comments about ABS so there may be an issue there! Do something about the AC.

The Best I have Experienced in Years
By Terry

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Equinox with only 8 miles on it and as of right now there is 82,000+ and every mile has been ridden in comfort and, and I feel style. I keep my Equinox car room shiny, which isn't hard with the beautiful blue metallic paint job. I have traveled from daily back and forth to work (about 30 miles) to 4200 miles without a break and have never (emphasized) had a serious problem. Gas mileage has averaged 18.7 MPG, not the greatest, but other features allows me to overlook it. I set the cruise at the going speed, the surround sound with the MP3 connection, I use for movies for the kids, and off we go. The inside room is great. Full grown me can sit relaxed in the back with front back.

Inside room, spacious, extremely comfortable for a family of four. MP3 connection to get surround sound for movies. Only maintenance has been basic wear and tear maintenance...oil changes, tires & rotations, have not had anything in the engine touched yet. Brakes are still going strong at 80,000.

Turn signal lock has had to be replaced and still doesn't turn off the indicator every time (minor). Stabilizer Track light comes on periodically for no apparent reason (minor). Chrome Paint cover on center item with Chevrolet emblem is coming off, began bubbling two months ago. Not worried, minor.

Can't wait to get rid of it
By Beve

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the car new. mirror covers over visors are cheap, they have broken twice and passenger side is rarely used. Have had issues with stabilitrack over and over, had issue with fuel line ($600), air conditioner has been the biggest issue. I live in Texas and when it is 100 degrees outside, A/C is vital. cup holders are cheap, the leather on the seats feels like vinyl. Had to replace battery after 2 yrs 11 months. WTH? I am not happy and am looking for a replacement. Unfortunately I am upside down on the price. :(

Color and exterior, very eye pleasing

proactive service on recurring issues

Good gone bad
By alexis green

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I just got my car about 4 months ago, it was riding good, had no problem until now. My brake light kept coming on. So I took it to the shop to find out that my brake fluid was leaking into my master cylinder and they didn't know why. So now my car in the shop goin on 3 weeks waiting on a part to come in. It's a good car don't get me wrong but if any light starts to come on go get it check out.

Overall, a good car
By Gary

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My wife loves this car! It has been a good car up to now. Good mileage on the highway and easy to handle.

The compliments we hear from our friends about our Equinox.

Hard to see around the side posts. Noisy tires. Cheap cup holders.