2007 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Good gone bad
By alexis green on 06/03/10 15:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I just got my car about 4 months ago, it was riding good, had no problem until now. My brake light kept coming on. So I took it to the shop to find out that my brake fluid was leaking into my master cylinder and they didn't know why. So now my car in the shop goin on 3 weeks waiting on a part to come in. It's a good car don't get me wrong but if any light starts to come on go get it check out.

Overall, a good car
By Gary on 04/25/10 19:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My wife loves this car! It has been a good car up to now. Good mileage on the highway and easy to handle.

A diamond in the rough
By stuart on 04/14/10 14:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I've had a lot of SUVs before but my 2007 Equinox is by far the best I've owned. My mileage is quite good on the highway around 27-28 mpg. On a long trip I took, on a level road, with Cruise Control on 60, I was averaging 30 MPG. The ride is comfortable, smooth and effortless to drive. The AWD is awesome in Snow, especially going up hills. Brakes are superb and quiet. The best feature is the back seat that is adjustable and has a flat floor (no hump). I have my own business and transport a lot of boxes. Out of all my previous SUVs this one hold the most.

2007 Chevy Equinox LT
By DHS on 04/10/10 20:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle used 6 months ago, have had no problems at all so far. The sliding rear seat is a brilliant idea that is very useful. Rear seat room is excellent. The center console mounted window switches struck me as odd at first, but I have come to love them, they offer very easy and visible access. Performance is acceptable, fuel mileage is better than I expected. My only complaints are that the transmission seems unsure of which gear to use, (5th or overdrive) and hunts between 40 and 50 mph, the sunroof whistles above 60 or so, and the front seat cushions seem a bit short. However, these issues do not negatively affect my appreciation for this vehicle.

Constant problem
By CCM on 04/08/10 15:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had my Equinox for less than a year and it is anything but great. The stabilitrac indicator keeps coming on and when that happens, problems are sure to follow. The reduced engine power will come on, and then, the car will slow down to a steady 20 mph. The car will start chugging. Then, it will flash "starter disabled" on the dash and the whole car will shut down. It doesn't matter if you're parked or if your driving on a freeway. It will just shut off and disable all essential functions (like the brakes and steering). This has happened twice to me and paying to have a constant problem fixed is not worth it. Losing my trust in Chevy.

2007 Equinox
By amyee2112 on 03/28/10 10:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the Equinox for almost 3 years and have been happy with it overall. I have not had any problems with leaks, it drives well, and it's comfortable. The only issue I have is that the trim around the gear shift is shiny metal and it does reflect the sun, but nothing that sun glasses don't take care of!

Only OK
By jordantray on 01/26/10 19:06 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The truck is just OK. Nothing really sporty about it. It kinda says soccer mom when you are driving it. Can't understand why the "stability trak" indicator keeps coming on but I had to spend over $600.00 to get it fixed and guess what....Eight months later it is back on again. Not really rushing to take it back to the shop. Most likely will trade it in within the next year. Not sure if the 2010 Equinox is improved but I would probably not purchase one again. Overall it is OK.

clunker
By challmez on 11/14/09 06:33 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it new in 2007. Biggest piece of junk on earth. Leaks inside entire interior rotten and moldy! I traded it in with 10000 miles on it 10/30/2010. What a piece of garbage!

dont buy one
By Rob on 11/02/09 09:24 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Things I don't like; center console is cheap and the cup holders are horrible, the engine knocks no matter what, the mirror covers on the visors always brake, the passenger air bag is faulty, there is a LEAK SOMEWHERE in the car that covers my floor board and cargo space. The chrome plate around the shifter is a driving hazard. The AC can not handle the space and there are no rear vents and the vents in the front have a limited movement. The interior lights are cheep also. The center console set up is very poor design. I would never own another 07 equinox and would get rid of it now if I could afford to take a hit.

Unhappy
By Susie on 10/15/09 07:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 2007 Equinox brand new, noticed a smell and inside windows kept fogging up this summer. Found that our carpet in the back was completely soaked with water. By the time we found the issue, our carpets had a black mold on them. I have a small child who is a severe asthmatic and I feel this is a safety issue. Our Equinox is currently back at the dealership for recurrent leaks. So far the dealership can't figure out the source of the leak, so AGAIN I am in limbo, renting a car, hopefully it won't take 6 weeks, like the first time.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.