Used 2007 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Good looking dependable vehicle!
By mamamary

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my LT Equinox '07 since 2007 as a new car.
I have no major problems with it.
It drives and rides great on the highway.
Fuel comsumption is favorable.
As previously stated the plus is extra leg room in the seat if needed.
I have purchased a set of new tires and a battery, and I have also had the sun visor mirror replaced.
The leather and mirrors have the look and feel of cheap materials.
The leather does not feel nor look like real leather.
My carpet over the dirvers side has a hole in the far corner where my foot does not touch.
I would say then that the carpet is cheap.
Overall the operation of the car is good for the money.
Hopefully upgrades are in the new 2011.

Rear seat, interior size and looks.

Better leather and interior features, improve position on ports for Ipods, phones, etc. and a better grade of carpet.

Fuel Gauge and Instrument Panel Lights
By Robert F Tierney

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Gauge needle all over dial -unknown if or where fuel level is since 2009. Range-Miles left.. does it WORK? unsure why one and not the other - ALSO DASH lightss do not brighten during the day so hard to see gauges but they do work at night?

Rides nice

FUEL GAUGE -not repairing due to working Range -works and dash lights and don't trust DEALERS after last time at a Norwood dealership $600.00 for 1 missing Cylinder -a Dam PLUG

Not happy with GM
By sharon

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have only owned my equinox ls awd for 2 yr in the first 6mo the stabilitrac went and the abs sensor went the windshield wiper motor in the back went, fix it all and now it will not pass state inspection, emission problem and the stabilitrac went for a sec time, I also have electric problem in the drivers side door what else can go wrong GM should help we the taxes payers help GM, I will not buy GM vehicles again "very unhappy".

Recalls for recurring problems.

Has to go
By HK

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our Equinox 3 yrs ago brand new. Within the first year, we had an issue with what the dealership called "contaminated hoses?" which caused the transmission fluid to be completely black. Thankfully the warranty covered the fix. Since then we have had issues with our spark plugs going bad 2x, there is a severe leaking problem SOMEWHERE that can not be found that caused a swimming pool in the back spare tire compartment. I realized this one day after a few days of heavy rain, i was going down a steep hill applying my brakes and was amazed at all the water that came gushing out from the back, entire floors soaked! Still have yet to find where it is coming from.

AWD, very spacious, seats fold down easily, good in the snow.

Suggest they look into their leaking problems, as i read that this was an issue for others as well.

Not too happy
By Christy

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Equinox brand new in Feb 2007; within few months of having it the mirror covers in sun visors broke off on both sides. Chrome around gear shift is like a mirror to the sun & blinds you! Now my breaks grab really hard when I'm slowing down, anything below 20 mph & they starts grabbing really hard as if my breaks are bad. AC doesn't really push out cold like it could at times. Recently went to get a transmission flush & was told by 3 different 'quick oil change' places that they couldn't do it on my car since it's a sealed transmission, so now I'm gonna have to pay much more $ to go to a dealership for the transmission flush. Wishing I had bought a different SUV!

Roomy, great for travel. Great look

Get rid of chrome on gear shift, use better parts for interior such as mirror covers! Something up with breaks, saw other comments about ABS so there may be an issue there! Do something about the AC.