Used 2007 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Not Sure Yet
By Not Sure

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Looked for a long time before settling on the Nox. Thought I wanted a car after driving a 2 WD pickup for 10 years. Took the Nox for a spin on a whim one day and was surprised by the ride and how quiet it was. Found this one at a rental outlet with 20K on it and I've put on 2K. So far its been reliable and very comfortable on my 25 mile commute. There have been a couple of snowy, icy days here in CO that I have been very glad to have the AWD, it handles great in the snow. Not happy with the mileage, averaging 20 or so in mixed highway/city.

Favorite Features

AWD is great, handles great, quiet and pretty decent power. I do my own oil changes and this car is very easy work on.

Suggested Improvements

Power outlets are hidden down by the floor and only one in front,not handy. Lots of wasted space in the interior. The rails along the windshield make snow removal a pain! The rear seats don't fold flat so the cargo area is not as handy as it could be. Don't like the tire pressure sensor.

We Love our new hot rod
By Curt Bruce

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in a 2001 Cadillac Deville on our Equinox. We love the room you have when you fold down the back seats. Great on trips. the Pioneer sound system is awesome! It is very quick for a six cylinder. Handles great and is fun to drive. We don't regret giving up Caddy because the Equinox is just as comfortable. Last thing, the heated seats are a must for the North Central part of the country, you will not regret it! I would definitly buy another Equinox.

Favorite Features

Leather, sunroof and the heated seats. The Pioneer sound system.

Suggested Improvements

None

I love my Equinox
By mm

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV-AWD. I looked at the Ford Escape, CRV, RAV4 and Torrent. The Equinox was far better both in looks and in value. Way better looking! Pretty and sporty! The Torrent was nice looking too, but what about that name? Anyway Equinox is a great car. Really comfortable and just feels good on my back and neck and overall posture when I'm driving. Perfect height to get in & out of - don't have to climb in like a full size 4x4, or drop down into like a car. Had "check engine" light issues when I first got the car. It took three trips to the dealer but they finally got it right - the gas cap was a bad fit so if you have the same issue get that cap checked out right away.

Favorite Features

XM radio. Remote start. Heated seats. Cargo space. Sliding rear seats. Big, shiny chrome wheels! The list could go on.

Suggested Improvements

More HP, better gas mileage (I avg about 20mpg). I had to adjust to some blind spot issues but I'm over that now.

Love my Equinox
By betty barlow

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Equinox. It's a nice size SUV, not too small, not too big. I like the way it handles, rides, drives, and looks. Plenty of room for shopping and hauling everything I need. Sporty enough not to look like an old ladies car. I liked the warranty and all the features like the computer readouts on tire pressure, gas milage, so forth. I thought about a Toyota but wanted to go with American made

Favorite Features

Looks nice and handles nice for an SUV

Suggested Improvements

Extend the armrests out and make them more comfortable (extra padding)

Took a chance
By l.lacy

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a 2002 super charged Grand Prix. Miss the power surge & heads-up display but I love this vehicle. It drives like a car. Wish it would get better mileage, but I sit up higher, love the handling, and really love the drive and design.

Favorite Features

Exterior style, comfortable seats, and seat versatility. Fold down and bench seat sliding.

Suggested Improvements

OnStar standard, better mileage & heads-up display to be available