Used 2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Good looking dependable vehicle!
By mamamary

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my LT Equinox '07 since 2007 as a new car. I have no major problems with it. It drives and rides great on the highway. Fuel comsumption is favorable. As previously stated the plus is extra leg room in the seat if needed. I have purchased a set of new tires and a battery, and I have also had the sun visor mirror replaced. The leather and mirrors have the look and feel of cheap materials. The leather does not feel nor look like real leather. My carpet over the dirvers side has a hole in the far corner where my foot does not touch. I would say then that the carpet is cheap. Overall the operation of the car is good for the money. Hopefully upgrades are in the new 2011.

Rear seat, interior size and looks.

Better leather and interior features, improve position on ports for Ipods, phones, etc. and a better grade of carpet.

Not too happy
By Christy

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Equinox brand new in Feb 2007; within few months of having it the mirror covers in sun visors broke off on both sides. Chrome around gear shift is like a mirror to the sun & blinds you! Now my breaks grab really hard when I'm slowing down, anything below 20 mph & they starts grabbing really hard as if my breaks are bad. AC doesn't really push out cold like it could at times. Recently went to get a transmission flush & was told by 3 different 'quick oil change' places that they couldn't do it on my car since it's a sealed transmission, so now I'm gonna have to pay much more $ to go to a dealership for the transmission flush. Wishing I had bought a different SUV!

Roomy, great for travel. Great look

Get rid of chrome on gear shift, use better parts for interior such as mirror covers! Something up with breaks, saw other comments about ABS so there may be an issue there! Do something about the AC.

2007 Chevy Equinox LT
By DHS

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle used 6 months ago, have had no problems at all so far. The sliding rear seat is a brilliant idea that is very useful. Rear seat room is excellent. The center console mounted window switches struck me as odd at first, but I have come to love them, they offer very easy and visible access. Performance is acceptable, fuel mileage is better than I expected. My only complaints are that the transmission seems unsure of which gear to use, (5th or overdrive) and hunts between 40 and 50 mph, the sunroof whistles above 60 or so, and the front seat cushions seem a bit short. However, these issues do not negatively affect my appreciation for this vehicle.

Sliding rear seat, great sound system with mp3 and aux. input, good fuel mileage, looks good, lots of space, comfortable on the interstate, driver information system, individual tire pressure monitors.

Hunting transmission is annoying, so is the whistle from the sunroof. Front seat cushions too short, but otherwise comfortable.

dont buy one
By Rob

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Things I don't like; center console is cheap and the cup holders are horrible, the engine knocks no matter what, the mirror covers on the visors always brake, the passenger air bag is faulty, there is a LEAK SOMEWHERE in the car that covers my floor board and cargo space. The chrome plate around the shifter is a driving hazard. The AC can not handle the space and there are no rear vents and the vents in the front have a limited movement. The interior lights are cheep also. The center console set up is very poor design. I would never own another 07 equinox and would get rid of it now if I could afford to take a hit.

windows roll down pretty far, the seats fold down nicely, love the tire pressure gauge,

...put a center console with real cup holders, get rid of that chrome shifter plate, make sure the dang thing doesn't leak, do something about the A/C, put rear vents...just make the GMC and Chevy supporters proud and put your heart into all your vehicles.

Heated Seats left me Out in the Cold
By Dr. J.

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love the exterior my 2007 Equinox. XM radio is a great feature. However interior is full of issues. Heated seats work intermittently. Don't wait until winter to try them. You might be out in the cold. This feature isn't for the duration of the 5 yr, 100,000 mile warranty. Check them throughout the year even in the summer. Right passenger airbag sensor doesn't always work. GM recall for this. Driver side seat mechanism didn't work once for 2 days. Took it to dealership to fix. Chrome center panel reflects sun causing blinding glare when driving. Remember some things are only under warranty for 2 years so don't delay taking your car in for repairs. Make sure it's in computer system everytime

The body style is wonderful.

For new cars the 5 yr, 100,000 warranty should cover all items: heated seats, heating/cooling systems