2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Good looking dependable vehicle!
By mamamary on 06/25/11 21:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my LT Equinox '07 since 2007 as a new car. I have no major problems with it. It drives and rides great on the highway. Fuel comsumption is favorable. As previously stated the plus is extra leg room in the seat if needed. I have purchased a set of new tires and a battery, and I have also had the sun visor mirror replaced. The leather and mirrors have the look and feel of cheap materials. The leather does not feel nor look like real leather. My carpet over the dirvers side has a hole in the far corner where my foot does not touch. I would say then that the carpet is cheap. Overall the operation of the car is good for the money. Hopefully upgrades are in the new 2011.

Not too happy
By Christy on 08/29/10 15:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Equinox brand new in Feb 2007; within few months of having it the mirror covers in sun visors broke off on both sides. Chrome around gear shift is like a mirror to the sun & blinds you! Now my breaks grab really hard when I'm slowing down, anything below 20 mph & they starts grabbing really hard as if my breaks are bad. AC doesn't really push out cold like it could at times. Recently went to get a transmission flush & was told by 3 different 'quick oil change' places that they couldn't do it on my car since it's a sealed transmission, so now I'm gonna have to pay much more $ to go to a dealership for the transmission flush. Wishing I had bought a different SUV!

2007 Chevy Equinox LT
By DHS on 04/10/10 20:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle used 6 months ago, have had no problems at all so far. The sliding rear seat is a brilliant idea that is very useful. Rear seat room is excellent. The center console mounted window switches struck me as odd at first, but I have come to love them, they offer very easy and visible access. Performance is acceptable, fuel mileage is better than I expected. My only complaints are that the transmission seems unsure of which gear to use, (5th or overdrive) and hunts between 40 and 50 mph, the sunroof whistles above 60 or so, and the front seat cushions seem a bit short. However, these issues do not negatively affect my appreciation for this vehicle.

dont buy one
By Rob on 11/02/09 09:24 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Things I don't like; center console is cheap and the cup holders are horrible, the engine knocks no matter what, the mirror covers on the visors always brake, the passenger air bag is faulty, there is a LEAK SOMEWHERE in the car that covers my floor board and cargo space. The chrome plate around the shifter is a driving hazard. The AC can not handle the space and there are no rear vents and the vents in the front have a limited movement. The interior lights are cheep also. The center console set up is very poor design. I would never own another 07 equinox and would get rid of it now if I could afford to take a hit.

Heated Seats left me Out in the Cold
By Dr. J. on 10/14/09 06:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love the exterior my 2007 Equinox. XM radio is a great feature. However interior is full of issues. Heated seats work intermittently. Don't wait until winter to try them. You might be out in the cold. This feature isn't for the duration of the 5 yr, 100,000 mile warranty. Check them throughout the year even in the summer. Right passenger airbag sensor doesn't always work. GM recall for this. Driver side seat mechanism didn't work once for 2 days. Took it to dealership to fix. Chrome center panel reflects sun causing blinding glare when driving. Remember some things are only under warranty for 2 years so don't delay taking your car in for repairs. Make sure it's in computer system everytime

Hope it floats
By dachismom on 07/20/09 21:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car after driving a Focus for 9 years. I had it for 5 days and then it rained. I thought I WAS IN A BATHTUB. It has been at the dealer for over a week waiting for parts to come in. I think I know why I got such a good deal. Hopefully it floats.....

Luvin it
By Kenda on 03/24/09 13:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the LT3 design with all the bells and whistles. Traded a blazer for it. This vehicle is the most comfortable car Ive ever driven. Very spacious. You minivan mom's out there should consider the Equinox. The remote start is the bomb. Not to mention the On Star hands free mobile phone feature. A definite recommendation for those looking to buy.

I was pleasantly surprised
By Art on 12/30/08 13:09 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I've owner over 30 cars and don't give praises lightly, however, I have been very happy with this vehicle. I traded in an '05 Trailblazer because it was woefully underpowered, but have been extremely pleased by the pep in my Equinox. The 6 cyl. is more than enough power. When I park next to the Lexus Crossover, I have trouble telling them apart and cannot for the life of me imagine what features I am missing for an additional $20k. My Equinox is fully loaded and with the OnStar GPS system, the vehicle has everything I could need. It drives great on the highway where I average over 24 MPG, and get around 22 MPG around town. I strongly recommend it to anyone who asks.

Pretty good vehicle
By toolmanmarv on 12/04/08 21:17 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I am well satisfied with my Equinox having owned it for over a year. Have had no mechanical problems yet. Very comfortable and good on long road trips. Gas mileage good on highway-not so good around town. 17 inch Bridgestone tires will hydroplane in a heartbeat in heavy rain. Scary! Interior planning could be better. Rear seat doesn't fold flat and front cupholder interferes with hand brake. Rear cargo curtain is a joke. Don't waste your money buying it. Decent vehicle so far, but still not the quality of my 2000 Volvo. Detroit still can't get it right.

Happy with my ride
By blackie on 07/31/08 11:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle for the money. Ours is fully loaded and we love it. Lots of room and good mileage.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.