2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Good gone bad
By alexis green on 06/03/10 15:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I just got my car about 4 months ago, it was riding good, had no problem until now. My brake light kept coming on. So I took it to the shop to find out that my brake fluid was leaking into my master cylinder and they didn't know why. So now my car in the shop goin on 3 weeks waiting on a part to come in. It's a good car don't get me wrong but if any light starts to come on go get it check out.

Overall, a good car
By Gary on 04/25/10 19:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My wife loves this car! It has been a good car up to now. Good mileage on the highway and easy to handle.

Constant problem
By CCM on 04/08/10 15:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had my Equinox for less than a year and it is anything but great. The stabilitrac indicator keeps coming on and when that happens, problems are sure to follow. The reduced engine power will come on, and then, the car will slow down to a steady 20 mph. The car will start chugging. Then, it will flash "starter disabled" on the dash and the whole car will shut down. It doesn't matter if you're parked or if your driving on a freeway. It will just shut off and disable all essential functions (like the brakes and steering). This has happened twice to me and paying to have a constant problem fixed is not worth it. Losing my trust in Chevy.

Only OK
By jordantray on 01/26/10 19:06 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The truck is just OK. Nothing really sporty about it. It kinda says soccer mom when you are driving it. Can't understand why the "stability trak" indicator keeps coming on but I had to spend over $600.00 to get it fixed and guess what....Eight months later it is back on again. Not really rushing to take it back to the shop. Most likely will trade it in within the next year. Not sure if the 2010 Equinox is improved but I would probably not purchase one again. Overall it is OK.

Unhappy
By Susie on 10/15/09 07:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 2007 Equinox brand new, noticed a smell and inside windows kept fogging up this summer. Found that our carpet in the back was completely soaked with water. By the time we found the issue, our carpets had a black mold on them. I have a small child who is a severe asthmatic and I feel this is a safety issue. Our Equinox is currently back at the dealership for recurrent leaks. So far the dealership can't figure out the source of the leak, so AGAIN I am in limbo, renting a car, hopefully it won't take 6 weeks, like the first time.

Doesn't start x5
By Snix on 03/25/09 20:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have to admit, this is a nice looking vehicle but UNRELIABLE. This is my daughter's car and there have been 5+ times the vehicle would not start. The key would even get stuck in the ignition. Unfortunately, recently, we have found out this is not uncommon. Our dealership service dept is great but can't find out what the problem is, although they have done some repairs. Also headlight has blown twice. Definitely a cheap feeling vehicle to match the price, does accelerate well. I have had 3 trailblazers and there is no comparison. Would not downgrade that far. The ride is comparable to the Ford Escort. The equinox is a disposable vehicle. Come on Chevy, you gotta beef it up.

Great ride
By birdlady on 01/19/09 19:49 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle used. I have had the vehicle a week and it is great. I read everything I could before purchasing. This is the most confortable ride I have ever been in, it is fun to drive. In the week since I got it we have had almost 9 inches of snow. It handles great! I highly recommend this vehicle. I can't say enough.

Still Not Sold
By TRARAR on 12/08/08 18:34 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Equinox brand new with 0 miles in Feb 07- coming up on 2 yrs of owning it I still have mixed feelings. It handles horribly in the snow, even with the AWD feature. Its been extremely reliable other than 2 factory recalls (winshield & airbag) the stereo isnt that great, buttons are breaking off, engine knocks even w/ regular oil changes. It has a hard time getting up steep country hills. Very sleek vehicle. Its black. Decent gas milage. Needs a bigger trunk and the hatch is heavy and slow to open. Its ok for now but I'm already looking at buying something else for winter. Its good for summer driving. I wouldnt purchase another. I think its too costly for the quality of it.

My husband goes a lot
By amanda on 07/06/08 09:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This car has really give us the room and quality he says you can only expect in a Chevy. Leg room in the back seat is excellent. He's an insurance claims adjuster and the cargo area has on the space he will need for the mounds of paperwork and file systems he has. And vacations are easy to load up for in this car. I guess you can tell my favorite feature is the room.

Top of The Line for SUV's
By Beachlover50 on 10/14/07 18:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I rented this car first and then when t went to auction with 16,000 miles on it I bought it and it's the best driving and handling vehicle ever. Including Toyota and Fords. I've had both the 4Runner and the Explorer. No comparison. I wish I would have invested in the leather seats though for more comfort. I'm just attracted to the leather and feel it's easier to maintain.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.