Used 2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

It was Good…For a While!
By wscglw

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car in 2009 with 30k on it and had no problems until 2014 when the vehicle hit 50k. First, the problems started with the key not coming out of the ignition. The dealer was finally able to fix it on the third try and $900. The Equinox was not affected by the ignition problem recall. Then an issue with factory defective spark plug wires and the plugs. There was an extended warranty on this issue but it took the dealer a few days to fix it. They only repaired one or two at a time, they did not replace all six plug and wires. Finally, at 57k the vehicle stalled and would not start. Took it back to the dealer. Blown Head Gasket this time…$1800 later and we were still having issues

Favorite Features

Pros: I got to know all the service techs at the dealership as well as the service manager on a first name basis. Notes: This vehicle was always properly maintained and garage kept driven gently.It looked like a NEW vehicle on the outside.

Suggested Improvements

The ignition problems and head gasket issues are well documented all over the internet. Please use this review as a warning.

Don't Do It!
By equinoxhater1

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

If my review savesat least one person from buying this SUV than I've done my job. I am 54 years old, owned alot of cars, this is the worst i have ever owned! I have put over 200,000 miles on may cars and have not had the problems that I have had with this one. With 120,000 miles on it, I have had to replace the Throttle Body, both front Wheel Hubs, the Radiator Fan Assembly, The Wiper Linkage and more. I expect things to wear out on a car, but not these at relitivly low milage. This is over 2500.00 worth of parts and labor on top of regular maintaince.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the quility!!!!!! This is the first Chevy that I have ever opwned, and the last!!!!!

Transportation
By subaruboxer

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

With the underpowered v6 and the cheap build quality this SUV is not for the spirited driver that needs awd and cargo room, its more for your soccer mom.

Favorite Features

Electronic monitoring like fuel economy and tire pressure are convenient, the basic stereo system has decent bass and sounds fresh and has plenty of room in the back with ability to fold down seats, another benefit is the reliability, with over 85000 miles and counting this car has never broken down or given any issues with minimal maintenance.

Suggested Improvements

Issues with this car, the service stabili-trac light constantly comes on and off for no reason, the car does not read outside temperature, the brakes and rotors seem to wear quickly, upgrading to something after market would be wise, the tires have a tendency not to come off and need to be beaten off with a piece of wood and sledge hammer, the steering wheel has 0 resistance when turning which personally i do not like.

I'm a HUGE Chevy fan but....
By megg1

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Don't buy! Stabilitrack light always on, if you slam on breaks to avoid an accident, stabilitrack goes "off". Service traction control light constanly is on. "Leather" on driver side seat is cracked front to back. I drive alone, yet both sun visor mirror covers have broken off($300 each to replace) Engine light likes to pop on. Spark plugs were touching "metal" and engine chugged @ 45 w out fail. No good samaritan here; steering will be impossible, brakes will be hard as a rock. "Tire pressure" light comes on frequently; even after filled w air; no air leakage. Poooor gas effeciency. (Worse if spark plugs go out) Back windshield fluid has never worked! Can't count on fast pick up; ha joke!

Favorite Features

Like "Chrome rims", wood grain, storage compartment under center console (perfect plc to put your purse) MP3, steering wheel controls, & rear seat slides for more trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

*Everything* mechanical and electrical!

Good looking dependable vehicle!
By mamamary

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my LT Equinox '07 since 2007 as a new car. I have no major problems with it. It drives and rides great on the highway. Fuel comsumption is favorable. As previously stated the plus is extra leg room in the seat if needed. I have purchased a set of new tires and a battery, and I have also had the sun visor mirror replaced. The leather and mirrors have the look and feel of cheap materials. The leather does not feel nor look like real leather. My carpet over the dirvers side has a hole in the far corner where my foot does not touch. I would say then that the carpet is cheap. Overall the operation of the car is good for the money. Hopefully upgrades are in the new 2011.

Favorite Features

Rear seat, interior size and looks.

Suggested Improvements

Better leather and interior features, improve position on ports for Ipods, phones, etc. and a better grade of carpet.