Used 2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

It was Good…For a While!
By wscglw

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car in 2009 with 30k on it and had no problems until 2014 when the vehicle hit 50k. First, the problems started with the key not coming out of the ignition. The dealer was finally able to fix it on the third try and $900. The Equinox was not affected by the ignition problem recall. Then an issue with factory defective spark plug wires and the plugs. There was an extended warranty on this issue but it took the dealer a few days to fix it. They only repaired one or two at a time, they did not replace all six plug and wires. Finally, at 57k the vehicle stalled and would not start. Took it back to the dealer. Blown Head Gasket this time…$1800 later and we were still having issues

Favorite Features

Pros: I got to know all the service techs at the dealership as well as the service manager on a first name basis. Notes: This vehicle was always properly maintained and garage kept driven gently.It looked like a NEW vehicle on the outside.

Suggested Improvements

The ignition problems and head gasket issues are well documented all over the internet. Please use this review as a warning.

Don't Do It!
By equinoxhater1

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

If my review savesat least one person from buying this SUV than I've done my job. I am 54 years old, owned alot of cars, this is the worst i have ever owned! I have put over 200,000 miles on may cars and have not had the problems that I have had with this one. With 120,000 miles on it, I have had to replace the Throttle Body, both front Wheel Hubs, the Radiator Fan Assembly, The Wiper Linkage and more. I expect things to wear out on a car, but not these at relitivly low milage. This is over 2500.00 worth of parts and labor on top of regular maintaince.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the quility!!!!!! This is the first Chevy that I have ever opwned, and the last!!!!!

Good gone bad
By alexis green

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I just got my car about 4 months ago, it was riding good, had no problem until now. My brake light kept coming on. So I took it to the shop to find out that my brake fluid was leaking into my master cylinder and they didn't know why. So now my car in the shop goin on 3 weeks waiting on a part to come in. It's a good car don't get me wrong but if any light starts to come on go get it check out.

Overall, a good car
By Gary

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My wife loves this car! It has been a good car up to now. Good mileage on the highway and easy to handle.

Favorite Features

The compliments we hear from our friends about our Equinox.

Suggested Improvements

Hard to see around the side posts. Noisy tires. Cheap cup holders.

Constant problem
By CCM

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had my Equinox for less than a year and it is anything but great. The stabilitrac indicator keeps coming on and when that happens, problems are sure to follow. The reduced engine power will come on, and then, the car will slow down to a steady 20 mph. The car will start chugging. Then, it will flash "starter disabled" on the dash and the whole car will shut down. It doesn't matter if you're parked or if your driving on a freeway. It will just shut off and disable all essential functions (like the brakes and steering). This has happened twice to me and paying to have a constant problem fixed is not worth it. Losing my trust in Chevy.

Favorite Features

The spacious back seat

Suggested Improvements

Grant a recall on the Stabilitrac Traction control.