2007 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Don't Do It!
By equinoxhater1 on 09/05/14 15:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

If my review savesat least one person from buying this SUV than I've done my job. I am 54 years old, owned alot of cars, this is the worst i have ever owned! I have put over 200,000 miles on may cars and have not had the problems that I have had with this one. With 120,000 miles on it, I have had to replace the Throttle Body, both front Wheel Hubs, the Radiator Fan Assembly, The Wiper Linkage and more. I expect things to wear out on a car, but not these at relitivly low milage. This is over 2500.00 worth of parts and labor on top of regular maintaince.

Transportation
By subaruboxer on 11/21/12 16:54 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

With the underpowered v6 and the cheap build quality this SUV is not for the spirited driver that needs awd and cargo room, its more for your soccer mom.

I'm a HUGE Chevy fan but....
By megg1 on 07/10/11 18:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Don't buy! Stabilitrack light always on, if you slam on breaks to avoid an accident, stabilitrack goes "off". Service traction control light constanly is on. "Leather" on driver side seat is cracked front to back. I drive alone, yet both sun visor mirror covers have broken off($300 each to replace) Engine light likes to pop on. Spark plugs were touching "metal" and engine chugged @ 45 w out fail. No good samaritan here; steering will be impossible, brakes will be hard as a rock. "Tire pressure" light comes on frequently; even after filled w air; no air leakage. Poooor gas effeciency. (Worse if spark plugs go out) Back windshield fluid has never worked! Can't count on fast pick up; ha joke!

Good looking dependable vehicle!
By mamamary on 06/25/11 21:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my LT Equinox '07 since 2007 as a new car. I have no major problems with it. It drives and rides great on the highway. Fuel comsumption is favorable. As previously stated the plus is extra leg room in the seat if needed. I have purchased a set of new tires and a battery, and I have also had the sun visor mirror replaced. The leather and mirrors have the look and feel of cheap materials. The leather does not feel nor look like real leather. My carpet over the dirvers side has a hole in the far corner where my foot does not touch. I would say then that the carpet is cheap. Overall the operation of the car is good for the money. Hopefully upgrades are in the new 2011.

Fuel Gauge and Instrument Panel Lights
By Robert F Tierney on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Gauge needle all over dial -unknown if or where fuel level is since 2009. Range-Miles left.. does it WORK? unsure why one and not the other - ALSO DASH lightss do not brighten during the day so hard to see gauges but they do work at night?

Not happy with GM
By sharon on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have only owned my equinox ls awd for 2 yr in the first 6mo the stabilitrac went and the abs sensor went the windshield wiper motor in the back went, fix it all and now it will not pass state inspection, emission problem and the stabilitrac went for a sec time, I also have electric problem in the drivers side door what else can go wrong GM should help we the taxes payers help GM, I will not buy GM vehicles again "very unhappy".

Has to go
By HK on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our Equinox 3 yrs ago brand new. Within the first year, we had an issue with what the dealership called "contaminated hoses?" which caused the transmission fluid to be completely black. Thankfully the warranty covered the fix. Since then we have had issues with our spark plugs going bad 2x, there is a severe leaking problem SOMEWHERE that can not be found that caused a swimming pool in the back spare tire compartment. I realized this one day after a few days of heavy rain, i was going down a steep hill applying my brakes and was amazed at all the water that came gushing out from the back, entire floors soaked! Still have yet to find where it is coming from.

Not too happy
By Christy on 08/29/10 15:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Equinox brand new in Feb 2007; within few months of having it the mirror covers in sun visors broke off on both sides. Chrome around gear shift is like a mirror to the sun & blinds you! Now my breaks grab really hard when I'm slowing down, anything below 20 mph & they starts grabbing really hard as if my breaks are bad. AC doesn't really push out cold like it could at times. Recently went to get a transmission flush & was told by 3 different 'quick oil change' places that they couldn't do it on my car since it's a sealed transmission, so now I'm gonna have to pay much more $ to go to a dealership for the transmission flush. Wishing I had bought a different SUV!

The Best I have Experienced in Years
By Terry on 08/10/10 04:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Equinox with only 8 miles on it and as of right now there is 82,000+ and every mile has been ridden in comfort and, and I feel style. I keep my Equinox car room shiny, which isn't hard with the beautiful blue metallic paint job. I have traveled from daily back and forth to work (about 30 miles) to 4200 miles without a break and have never (emphasized) had a serious problem. Gas mileage has averaged 18.7 MPG, not the greatest, but other features allows me to overlook it. I set the cruise at the going speed, the surround sound with the MP3 connection, I use for movies for the kids, and off we go. The inside room is great. Full grown me can sit relaxed in the back with front back.

Can't wait to get rid of it
By Beve on 06/16/10 20:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the car new. mirror covers over visors are cheap, they have broken twice and passenger side is rarely used. Have had issues with stabilitrack over and over, had issue with fuel line ($600), air conditioner has been the biggest issue. I live in Texas and when it is 100 degrees outside, A/C is vital. cup holders are cheap, the leather on the seats feels like vinyl. Had to replace battery after 2 yrs 11 months. WTH? I am not happy and am looking for a replacement. Unfortunately I am upside down on the price. :(

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.