Used 2007 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Most Helpful|
Good looking dependable vehicle!
By mamamary

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my LT Equinox '07 since 2007 as a new car. I have no major problems with it. It drives and rides great on the highway. Fuel comsumption is favorable. As previously stated the plus is extra leg room in the seat if needed. I have purchased a set of new tires and a battery, and I have also had the sun visor mirror replaced. The leather and mirrors have the look and feel of cheap materials. The leather does not feel nor look like real leather. My carpet over the dirvers side has a hole in the far corner where my foot does not touch. I would say then that the carpet is cheap. Overall the operation of the car is good for the money. Hopefully upgrades are in the new 2011.

Favorite Features

Rear seat, interior size and looks.

Suggested Improvements

Better leather and interior features, improve position on ports for Ipods, phones, etc. and a better grade of carpet.

Horrible
By altalbor

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Equinox just two months ago. I have a horrible experience with it so far. Just after two months (3000km) loud noise appeared in drive side front wheel bearing. It's high pitched humming noise, very loud and unbearable after just cuple minutes of driving. Even more frustrating was dealing with GM warranty service. They did't have bearing assembly to replace, it had to be ordered and I'm still awaiting for it (3 weeks passed already). GM doesn't provide replacement car and I have to drive Equinox with faulty bearing. It is become a torture - noise getting more and more unbearable. I had to cancel my travel plans, limit my driving to minimum. Fuel consumption is very high - horrible

Favorite Features

There is no pleasure to drive a car in this condition

Suggested Improvements

Definitely GM have to improve their quality.

Unhappy
By Susie

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 2007 Equinox brand new, noticed a smell and inside windows kept fogging up this summer. Found that our carpet in the back was completely soaked with water. By the time we found the issue, our carpets had a black mold on them. I have a small child who is a severe asthmatic and I feel this is a safety issue. Our Equinox is currently back at the dealership for recurrent leaks. So far the dealership can't figure out the source of the leak, so AGAIN I am in limbo, renting a car, hopefully it won't take 6 weeks, like the first time.

Favorite Features

It is roomy with my 2 small kids

Suggested Improvements

Replace my car

clunker
By challmez

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it new in 2007. Biggest piece of junk on earth. Leaks inside entire interior rotten and moldy! I traded it in with 10000 miles on it 10/30/2010. What a piece of garbage!

Favorite Features

it starts

Suggested Improvements

Smash it at a junk yard

dont buy one
By Rob

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Things I don't like; center console is cheap and the cup holders are horrible, the engine knocks no matter what, the mirror covers on the visors always brake, the passenger air bag is faulty, there is a LEAK SOMEWHERE in the car that covers my floor board and cargo space. The chrome plate around the shifter is a driving hazard. The AC can not handle the space and there are no rear vents and the vents in the front have a limited movement. The interior lights are cheep also. The center console set up is very poor design. I would never own another 07 equinox and would get rid of it now if I could afford to take a hit.

Favorite Features

windows roll down pretty far, the seats fold down nicely, love the tire pressure gauge,

Suggested Improvements

...put a center console with real cup holders, get rid of that chrome shifter plate, make sure the dang thing doesn't leak, do something about the A/C, put rear vents...just make the GMC and Chevy supporters proud and put your heart into all your vehicles.