Really disappointed with this car.....
By daughtryfan1 on
2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)
Purchased car used in '08 with 25,000 miles on it. Within 4 months of purchasing the car attempted to start with no key, lights flashing on/off, radio turning on/off. Luckily it was under warranty and did it at the dealer so they saw it happen. Couple months later had to repair a bearing in the front wheel. Now with 55,000 miles, I'm being told head gasket is blown. I also have a knocking noise coming from the rear, front door creeks sounds like its going to fall off. I've been hearing a rushing of water noise in the dash, and a horrible smell comes from the vents whenever I have the heat or air on. I am lucky if I get 240 miles a tank. In contact with GM, hoping they help!!
Favorite Features
I like the overall look of the car and the size. Just wish mechanically it was better!!! Doubt I would ever buy from GM again because of this cars issues!!!
Suggested Improvements
I've read of several head gasket issues. They need to look into it and do a recall.
By daughtryfan1
on 06/17/13 06:53 AM (PDT)

Update--Spoke with Oscar from Chevy. They are willing to split head gasket repair 50/50. They insisted the oil was not changed enough in the car of which it was changed every 3000 miles. So in the end, the dealer only charged me $600 of the $2000 bill. The car wouldn't start when I picked it up. The mechanic left the lights on and it killed the battery. I did replace the battery and so far have not had issues with it not starting. Hoping the engine repair holds up!