2006 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: Really disappointed with this

2006 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

LT 4dr SUV (3.4L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Really disappointed with this car.....
By daughtryfan1 on

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased car used in '08 with 25,000 miles on it. Within 4 months of purchasing the car attempted to start with no key, lights flashing on/off, radio turning on/off. Luckily it was under warranty and did it at the dealer so they saw it happen. Couple months later had to repair a bearing in the front wheel. Now with 55,000 miles, I'm being told head gasket is blown. I also have a knocking noise coming from the rear, front door creeks sounds like its going to fall off. I've been hearing a rushing of water noise in the dash, and a horrible smell comes from the vents whenever I have the heat or air on. I am lucky if I get 240 miles a tank. In contact with GM, hoping they help!!

I like the overall look of the car and the size. Just wish mechanically it was better!!! Doubt I would ever buy from GM again because of this cars issues!!!

I've read of several head gasket issues. They need to look into it and do a recall.
By daughtryfan1
on 06/17/13 06:53 AM (PDT)

Update--Spoke with Oscar from Chevy. They are willing to split head gasket repair 50/50. They insisted the oil was not changed enough in the car of which it was changed every 3000 miles. So in the end, the dealer only charged me $600 of the $2000 bill. The car wouldn't start when I picked it up. The mechanic left the lights on and it killed the battery. I did replace the battery and so far have not had issues with it not starting. Hoping the engine repair holds up!