Heater problem
By JEREMY on
2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)
The heater blend door broke and was quoted a $1,100 repair to fix. The car has 65,000 km on it. I called General motors head office and complained about the problem. I made my appointment to repair the vehicle at my local GM dealership and when the job was complete my bill was $224.00. Head office instructed the dealership to run it through as a warranty claim. I would like to say that this kind of service really restored my loyalty to GM. All parties involved really went above and beyond what they needed to. Thank you GM
By mig66
on 05/24/11 06:05 AM (PDT)

I had the same problem too and many others. My heater blend door went out while my car was still under it's 32,000 mile warranty so thankfully I didn't have to pay anything. Like I said, I have had many other problems too and my car only has 76,000 miles on it. Most of the problems have occured before 60,000 miles. GM is no longer a North American car company, they are a lowest bidder company owned by the government and unions, two groups that are too large with too much power. My car has the engine from China, transmission from Japan, shocks from Brazil and who knows how many other components from other countries all assembled in Canada.

By maric
on 01/13/11 07:18 AM (PST)

Had the same problem, was quoted $1500 by local GM dealership, charged me $50.85 to diagnose the problem, car had 77,500 kms. Contacted GM repeatedly - got voice mails, never spoke to "Jane" in person. Went out of town to another GM dealer paid $750 for repair, in December in Canada you cannot drive without heat or defrost. Feel "ripped off" , now the leather upholstery is splitting. Not happy with GM .... inferior product and by the lack of response I have to assume that they don't really care! My experience answers the question for me "why are so many people not buying North American cars"