Used 2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

I miss my Equinox
By Vic

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I wanted to spread some "good news". I had my Equinox until today when I traded it in on a mini-van because I just have too much "stuff" with my kids. I bought the LT model and I never had one problem with this truck. The back seats are amazingly comfortable and leg-roomy. The gas mileage was between 22 and 23 mpg on the highway. This SUV has been one of the most reliable vehicles I've ever owned in 25 yrs. Never stranded me. Always started. Drove great in varying weather conditions like snow and rain. I had 65K miles on mine and only changed the oil ever 3K miles.

Back seat: Adjustable and roomy enough for a 6-2 person like me to comfortably sit back there with the driver's seat fully moved back.

*****TURNING RADIUS***** That's my only complaint whatsoever after 65,000 miles.

So angry
By krissy17

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this car brand new. A year later, the check engine light came on & the car wasn't running right. The dealer told me the coolant system needed to be replaced & kept the car for 10 days waiting for Chevy to manufacturer the parts. Since then, I've had to replace the coolant system 5 times in 4 years. I just learned that it was never the coolant system - it was the engine. 76K hwy miles & I need a new engine because Chevy failed to correctly identify the problem. I also had the car flood when it rained. I replaced the starter twice as well. Thanks a lot Chevy for making such a wonderful piece of crap!

Failing to find one right now

Figure out how to build a workable car instead of a money pit

My 2006 Chevy Equinox
By Markh1953

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car! It gets about 27 mpg on the highway, looks great and is fun to drive. I like it enough to get another one someday in a newer model. The engine is peppy, accelerates nicely, and passing is a breeze. I am a satisfied owner!

I don't have a favorite feature. I like the car in its totality.

The arm rest on the driver's side (and probably all) are too hard to be comfortable driving long distances and resting on it.

Wouldnt recommend a GM to my enemy
By executor485

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

At 30,000 miles the injectors had major issues. Dealership AND GM headquarters would do nothing about it. At 48,000 miles, the timing belt cover is leaking and now the engine is making really bad noises. GM headquarters told us it would be covered, then went back on that and said we're out of luck, and coupled with the fact the dealership was rude about both situations, I'll never buy a GM product again.

Except for engine problems and customer service issues, it has been a good experience. Quiet ride, good gas mileage (25 mpg hwy) and the interior quality is still fine. Quality of paint is good and shows little to no chipping from the little rocks on the road.

GM needs to stand behind their products and offer better customer service. When other companies do this, they go bankrupt and stop producing junk. Yet, GM takes the taxpayers money and continues to offer horrible customer service and sub par quality cars.

Not the quailty I would have hoped for
By skybaby

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My car ran great for the first year or so. Now so far I've had three blown head gaskets. Two new heater cores, and one new water pump. And now. It doesn't want to start.

I love the look but it's not worth all the problems

What happened to quality built cars? And dealers who want to help not rip rip you off!

• SUV