Used 2006 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

My 2006 Chevy Equinox
By Markh1953

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car! It gets about 27 mpg on the highway, looks great and is fun to drive. I like it enough to get another one someday in a newer model. The engine is peppy, accelerates nicely, and passing is a breeze. I am a satisfied owner!

I don't have a favorite feature. I like the car in its totality.

The arm rest on the driver's side (and probably all) are too hard to be comfortable driving long distances and resting on it.

Wouldnt recommend a GM to my enemy
By executor485

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

At 30,000 miles the injectors had major issues. Dealership AND GM headquarters would do nothing about it. At 48,000 miles, the timing belt cover is leaking and now the engine is making really bad noises. GM headquarters told us it would be covered, then went back on that and said we're out of luck, and coupled with the fact the dealership was rude about both situations, I'll never buy a GM product again.

Except for engine problems and customer service issues, it has been a good experience. Quiet ride, good gas mileage (25 mpg hwy) and the interior quality is still fine. Quality of paint is good and shows little to no chipping from the little rocks on the road.

GM needs to stand behind their products and offer better customer service. When other companies do this, they go bankrupt and stop producing junk. Yet, GM takes the taxpayers money and continues to offer horrible customer service and sub par quality cars.

Not the quailty I would have hoped for
By skybaby

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My car ran great for the first year or so. Now so far I've had three blown head gaskets. Two new heater cores, and one new water pump. And now. It doesn't want to start.

I love the look but it's not worth all the problems

What happened to quality built cars? And dealers who want to help not rip rip you off!

Roomy - But Costly
By Cj

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We are a tall family and the room inside the Equinox is what attracted us to this car, and we have loved it for that reason. What we have not loved is the costly barrage of repairs that started shortly after we purchased the vehicle and have continued for the three and half years that we have owned it. I have had it in the shop for major repairs (which I am going to classify as $400 - $1,500 a pop as a major repair) 8 times while owning it. All of the repairs have been mechanical. Forking out $5,000 - $6,000 repairs for a $20,000 car is ridiculous.

Roomy

Mechanical reliability.

Multiple Problems
By Unhappy car owner

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We have had multiple problems since purchasing our equinox. As stated in several of the reviews, we have had difficulty starting the vehicle at times and problems with the heater blowing cold air. Of greater concern are the seals around the vehicle doors and windows. After a heavy rain, water poured out from under the seats and the spare tire wheel well was filled with water. One of the employees from the dealership indicated that our car was the 4th that week with the same problem, including his. We paid over $600 to fix the seals. Due to this, we are know having electrical problems. This should be a recall.

Look of the vehicle