2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Issues as soon as it was out of warranty
By Unhappy Mom on 05/21/09 13:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

As soon as my Equinox was out of warranty the problems started occurring. To date I've had to have the brakes replaced, the fuel cap, cellnoid, some other part for the emissions and now a fan has broken in the motor. In totally it has been almost $2000. I will never buy a GM product again!

Problems
By S. Ryan on 04/30/09 10:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My car has 30700 miles on it and I have had the brakes replaced now the ABS and TC light is on constantly. I also need new tires. The car is roomly but I shouldn't be having these problems with this low mileage. There is a lot of wind noise also.

unsure
By unsure on 04/29/09 23:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my nox for a year. Over all I really love it. It does have some odd things wrong with it. Its very noisy going down the highway. The Windows and sunroof leak air. My cd player doesn't work. I need new tires after one year on new ones. It does have lots of room. It handles corners well. However when im going down a hill and apply pressure to the breaks the whole thing shakes. If you buy one get a good deal on it. Don't pay to much. You will enjoy it if you don't pay to much for it.

Stay Away
By Disaster on 04/13/09 13:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This is a love-hate relationship. We bought the car because it was (1) quiet, (2) roomy and (3) cheap and it still is all of those thongs, with the emphasis being on "cheap". Mechanically this thing has been a disaster since the day it was bought. It's been in the shop 11 times (not counting regular service), has had both front wheel bearings replaced at separate times, front brakes redone three times, emissions system fixed, tires replaced because tread blocks were falling off, engine is hard to start and other various engine trouble lights and wheel vibration problems. I will never (repeat NEVER) buy another GM vehicle and have filed a Lemon Law suit against them.

Different Opinions
By Bill on 03/28/09 05:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new, 2006 Equinox sight unseen via the internet. As I work overseas, my wife is the primary driver. Almost from day one, she commented as to the road noise, turning radius and poor gas mileage. I am now retiring and will most likely keep the car for another year. My retirement gift to my wife - another car...

unhappy but hopeful
By Angie on 03/25/09 14:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my used/certified 2006 eq on 2/13/09 since then I have had it back to the dealership 4 times for a starter problem and 2 times for the radio. They finally fixed my radio and after the 4th time they finally fixed my Starter problem (they replaced the whole computer system) Gas Mileage is ok but turning radius is horrible! Cup Holders and Parking Break should not be that close together

Fun to drive!
By Anthony on 03/12/09 09:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The 3.4 litre engine is peppy and responsive, gets up to speed quickly and handles well in traffic, builds RPM's fast, good bottom and mid range. Very roomy, especially in the backseat and storage areas. Center console is not layed out all that well, radio controls are confusing, overall has a fairly cheap and plain look to interior. Seats are very firm, but supportive, the huge windshield gives good visibility. Exterior is very attractive looking and is on par with other more expensive small SUVs, the sunroof is a nice option for the modest price.

Great all around vehicle
By Kaye on 02/25/09 08:48 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The was a great vehicle very roomy and comfortable. Had a few factory problems but they were fixed at the dealership.

Problem Child
By T_rell on 02/16/09 08:39 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The turning radius is horrible, the center console is garbage. It collects everything and is in constant need of attention. Problems with my 'nox: It never seemed to go into gear. Every time I put into drive I had to play with it. Drive, Park, Drive till the gear would finally catch. The dealer tried to fix 3 times. Windshield washer fluid sprayer front in back is just horrible. Very cheap leather seats, feels like vinyl. Interior design: looks very cheap and plain, typical though- for American cars. The front end would shake if I had to jam on the brakes past 55mph. The worst car ever in the snow even with new tires. This is why American car companies are failing, lack of detail.

Uncertain
By garcia2107 on 01/20/09 17:50 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Nox in 2006 with 9 miles on it. At first I thought it was a great buy, but two and a half years later, it's one thing after another with this wagon. It acts up every other day, refusing to start, the check engine light is always popping up and it feels as though I really have to step on the pedal to reach thirty mph. I have thought about trading in for a car but I would be in the hole about 4k. I do not recommend anyone buying this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.