Used 2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Car works well
By JB

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My car has not given me any problems. I get regular oil changes every 3K miles. I have almost 60K on the car which is now 4 yo. At least 26 mpg (hwy. Only thing I have had to change is the original tires. Every car is different and each brand will have their pitfalls but so far this one has worked well for me!

It was roomier than the other SUVs within the price range. I'm 6'0" and need leg room.

Never again
By Christian

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Equinox brand new in 2006. Before hitting 20,000 the ignition switch went out and had an electrical problem. It still goes dead right after I crank it, but they say nothing is wrong with it. I have had 4 sets of brake pads in 6 weeks, other mechanical problems and it is in the shop right now as I type this for the 2nd time in 3 weeks for an "electrical" problem in the air conditioner. I like the car's look, but not all the problems it has come with. I would not recommend this car to anyone. It is the biggest piece of crap I have ever had. I am just waiting til the day I can trade it and not lose too much money.

room and looks of the car

cup holders, better cloth on seats, more comfortable seating,

Scared to be in the car
By Terrified

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Got car 2006. had recall on it. things keep falling apart that have been fixed numerous times. the car doesn't start half the time but how convenient the dealer never could "duplicate" the problem until I showed them then I was told nothing was wrong. car feels unstable and I'm terrified for my children to be in the car. I'm afraid it will stop running when I'm driving. Getting rid of when I can. GM doesn't care about having their customers ride in safety. Do not buy this car

none

mechanical and engine problems need to be addressed but I'm sure never will be

Good maintenance, Great car
By John

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car just one year ago. I put 35,000 miles on it. It did not give me any problem. I am totally pleased with this car. engine runs very smooth. the only expenditure I made on this car are oil changes. I am chancing oil per 5000 miles. to sum up great car for the price.

daylight sensor head lights. mp3 player

just take care well with oil changes.

Purple electrical nightmare
By Betrayed chevy owner

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car ignorantly in may after totalling out my impala. I wanted another impala but couldn't find one for the price I payed originally. I found this purple equinox that I had to have but then I realized my eyes are bigger than my patience. The doors leak, the ac works when it wants to, it starts when it feels like it, the radio changes stations at random, the cd player has to be pounded on by your hand to work, last night the headlights started flickering and went out and now only the drivers side headlight works and only on bright. The lights on the dashboard randomly dim, have to be hit to work again, and I'm not done yet...

Still listing the bad stuff, the suspension rattles for no reason other than just to anger me, the windshield wipers from and back will stop during the hardest of rainstorms mid wipe, if gas was beer it'd be an alcoholic, I only get 21 in the city and 17 on the highway, as opposed to my impala..

That would get 27 city 36 highway. My improvements? You don't want to know! This car is the reason gm went bankrupt! I don't know if I'll ever buy another gm vehicle, I've never had a problem out of fords.....