Used 2006 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 242 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Heater problem
By JEREMY

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The heater blend door broke and was quoted a $1,100 repair to fix. The car has 65,000 km on it. I called General motors head office and complained about the problem. I made my appointment to repair the vehicle at my local GM dealership and when the job was complete my bill was $224.00. Head office instructed the dealership to run it through as a warranty claim. I would like to say that this kind of service really restored my loyalty to GM. All parties involved really went above and beyond what they needed to. Thank you GM

Don't buy an Equinox
By mmiddlles

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Chevy would not honor warranty issues, I have 50k now, front seats have cracked and are pealing off, no I am not over weight, dash light brunt out with in first two years, very poor fuel economy, first two tanks highway an.d city driving not freeway stop and go I got 11 mpg, went to dealer they said nothing and that the EPA sets those, I got it for the fuel economy assuming that my driving I would get around 20 average. Now it has starting problems, and the ignition is binding up and it take three to eight tries just to be able to turn the key to start the car. I have always been a GM owner and have been extremely loyal, but the cheapness of this vehicle I will never look to GM again.

Create a car that they really cared about. In stead putting all the money into advertising make a car that sales it self. Look to the cars now built in Japan, and Korea, that's where I will be looking. I work to hard for my money to throw it away.

Dissapointed Equinox Owner
By Sad Chevy Owner

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My Husband and I purchased this SUV new at the dealership. We were so excited about owning a new car, our first, only to be disappointed a few months later when our starter started to "act funny". It sounded as though it was still cranking but the engine wouldn't start. We took it into the dealer but nothing was found. Few months later, same problem and same result. We drove our car the next few years hoping for the best with the same problem hoping it would turn on when we got in. Finally just last week we decided to get rid of it because we just couldn't rely on it. I would not recommend this vehicle. Save your money folks, and find a reliable car!

Leg room, sun roof, storage capacity

cup holder in awkward place, right above hand brake, should have been designed better.

Chevy strong after 5 years
By Fwash01

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle with less then ten miles. I have not had any major problems with it since driving it off the lot in December 2005. Common water leaks in the rear compartment area. Took it to the dealer for a quick fix, no luck heavy rain, check back of truck. Vehicle becomes very unstable while on the highway and amongst big vehicle. The ride feels like the vehicle is not firmly on the road. The electric steering motor gives it a different feel than with a power steering pump. Along with the unpredictable ride, light weight, makes the driver anticipate the next steering maneuver no electrical problems, 46,000 miles on original brakes. Tires changed at 45,000 miles, ac no issues.

Interior space, leg room, powerful engine, real rims and not hub caps. Wish the OEM radio played MP3's.

Find solution to electric steering motor, re-evaluate the ride characteristics, make adjustments to vehicle seems to eliminate the water drainage in rear compartment area.change interior hard plastic panels for padded ones. outstanding vehicle overall. Will think about getting a 2010 or 2011 Chevy.

Works for me
By wolfmanjoe77

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this equinox used it had 26,000 0n it now has 53,000 an running like a dream. Just had to do the 50,000 mile maintenance, transmission flush, new tires, an brake job. 800 bucks an that's all I've spent on this thing since iv owned it. Do oil changes every 4000 miles its been to the mountains an to the ocean with nary a problem. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones from reading the reviews. I've been getting pretty steady 22 in town an 27 on hwy mpg. Mines an lt model.

Mine will actually smoke the tires if you get on it too hard, seems to handle well no matter what the terrain. Drives an rides like a dream. sound system is pretty good.

can't think of a thing